Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-30-2006, 02:35 AM   #1
MTK

MTK is on a distinguished road
Default Is IPDialing related to VSP?

Hi,

I have an SPA-2102 configured Line 1 with voxalot and Line 2 with pennytel VSP. My SPA-2102 is a static IP with bridge connection behind a router that is connected to cable modem.

I have setup IPDialing using the information at http://voip.wikispaces.com/IPDialling

Line 1 userID: 12345 (Voxalot)
Line 2 userID: 67890 (Pennytel)

Registered with http://www.dyndns.com for hostname, "abc.dns.com", done that all.

Forward all ports, 5060-5065, 3478, 8000-8010, DMZ to by SPA-2102 box.

Checked my SPA settings
- Set "Enable IP dialing" to yes
- Set "Make Call w/o Reg" and "Ans Call w/o Reg" to yes

Then use X-Lite with Astratel account with STUN server (stun.voxalot.com.au:3478)

Here's my problem, when I use softphone X-Lite to test the IPDialing to
12345@abc.dns.com (voxalot), I get "The person you are calling is unavailable, please try again" with the message error on X-lite "Call failed: No PSTN Privileges"

But with I dial to 67890@abc.dns.com (pennytel), Line 2 rings and connection made no problem at all

What is interesting is I even swap the VSP account on Line 1 and 2 just to make sure that it is not the physical box that is faulty.

Each time I try IPDialing I can connect successfully to PennyTel but not Voxalot. Checked and double checked both configuration page for Line 1 and Line 2, that are both identical other than the proxy, userID and password.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't IP dialing bypassing VSP all together, it should not matter which VSP I am with? It does not seem to be. Unless I have made mistake somewhere.

Marcus
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
MTK

MTK is on a distinguished road

After exhausting all possible solution. Finally resolved by renaming another different using ID.

Now both Lines are able to receive IP Direct dials.

I do not know why but there must be a bug in the firmware.

Marcus
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote