Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
alexcc

alexcc is on a distinguished road
Default Very unhappy with call quality

Hi

Yesterday I upgraded my account to the Premium service in order to register a DID number to accept incoming calls on my router.

However, the voice quality for incoming calls was dreadfull (garbled speech).

As I am based in London, I have configured the service to point to the eu.voxalot.com.

I followed all the instructions on the FAQ and the support section but the end result is still unacceptable.

I reconfigued my router to the provider of the DID number and it all seems to be working fine.

Could you please let me know how I can close my Voxalot account?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Alex
alexcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcc View Post
Hi

Yesterday I upgraded my account to the Premium service in order to register a DID number to accept incoming calls on my router.

However, the voice quality for incoming calls was dreadfull (garbled speech).

As I am based in London, I have configured the service to point to the eu.voxalot.com.

I followed all the instructions on the FAQ and the support section but the end result is still unacceptable.

I reconfigued my router to the provider of the DID number and it all seems to be working fine.

Could you please let me know how I can close my Voxalot account?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Alex
Before giving up on it check to see whether it can be remedied:

Ensure the DID in question is not registered in VoXalot, so test just VoXalot in isolation:

ATA Setup
-Ensure your ATA is setup properly http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen....html#post5813

To rule out an Incoming/Outgoing issue directly with VoXalot:

Outgoing:
-Dial *600, you should reach the ECHO test, can you hear yourself as the ECHO test repeats what you say?

Incoming:
-Call your VoXalot account by using a SipBroker Access Number(SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers) then enter *010123456 when prompted (replace 123456 with your VoXalot Number)
-Or go to SIPBroker - EziDial , then enter your VoXalot SIP URI 123456@voxalot.com (again replace 123456 with your VoX number). Now a call should come in from ECHO test (before you used ECHO to check outgoing, now to check incoming)

Things to do to Improve incoming issues:

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.org has been working for me)
-If you are behind a router that has UPnP, make sure it's active
-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (this maybe slightly different for your ATA, there should be an RTP port range setting on your ATA, if it is different, note the range and open that range instead in your router...)

For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

-If your router has DMZ, try at first disabling it completely. However if you get through this suggestions and still aren't having any luck this worked for someone:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Thanks a lot!

The problem was that the router was blocking.
I configured the sipura with static ip and specified that ip on the DMZ of the router.

If all that has been done and there were no problems up to this point, proceed with adding the DID provider to VoXalot. There are two things to keep in mind as you do this:

1. The codec string as you register the DID in VoXalot: Try to have the codecs here match with the preferred codecs from your provider. If you are not sure what should be here then try ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm (has worked quite well for me in most cases)

2. On the initial trial ensure the Optimize Audio Setting is set to No. If you do see improvement up to this point, then follow this guide to perform audio optimization:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...e-quality.html

It's a good idea to wait until the DID shows registered before testing...

As a sidenote (this is probably not applicable)
Internet Issues
A good place to see how your connection performs is TestYourVoip.com

Hope it helps.... do post if anything changes!!!
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote