Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
psehorne

psehorne is on a distinguished road
Default Registration with Callcentric not working

A few days ago I signed up for the Premium Service. When I originally set up registration to Callcentric status showed "pending". Since then it went to "---". Callcentric's web page states "Your phone is not registered...". My calls are going into Callcentric voicemail and not being directed to my ATA. My ATA shows that it is registered with Voxalot.

BTW, is there a place on my Voxalot screens that shows my ATA registration status with Voxalot?

Thanks,
Paul
psehorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

It sounds like that you may have entered the wrong information for the Callcentric registration.

However, you do not need to register Callcentric for it to work with Voxalot.

You can set up a "Call treatment" to forward the incoming calls to your Callcentric account or to any Callcentric DID to your Voxalot account (xxxxxx@voxalot.com).

For outgoing calls, set up Callcentric as an unregistered provider, and it should work just fine, as long as you set up a dial plan for it. Of course, you would need the dial plan whether Callcentric is registered or not in your Voxalot account.

Please post back if you need any help on the settings.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:54 AM   #3
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I am going to have to mention that on my own Voxalot walkthrough, because it is true. Callcentric can forward calls to Voxalot's SIP URI directly, without needing to pay for premium services at Voxalot.

As for the original parent's problem, I don't have it registered myself personally to know the answer. I've always used it as an outbound service only, since I never ultimately bought a DID with them.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

Callcentric had problems during the time of your post. Are you still having an issue?
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
psehorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp View Post
Callcentric had problems during the time of your post. Are you still having an issue?
It is working this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
It sounds like that you may have entered the wrong information for the Callcentric registration.
The information was entered correctly.

Quote:
However, you do not need to register Callcentric for it to work with Voxalot.

You can set up a "Call treatment" to forward the incoming calls to your Callcentric account or to any Callcentric DID to your Voxalot account (xxxxxx@voxalot.com).
I didn't think of this. Sounds like I did not need to spend the $15 for Premium service.

Quote:
For outgoing calls, set up Callcentric as an unregistered provider, and it should work just fine, as long as you set up a dial plan for it. Of course, you would need the dial plan whether Callcentric is registered or not in your Voxalot account.
Outgoing has been working fine. The reason I am using Voxalot is because Voxalot's dial plan functionality is better than Callcentric's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor View Post
Callcentric can forward calls to Voxalot's SIP URI directly, without needing to pay for premium services at Voxalot.
I wish I had thought of this myself.

Thanks everyone.
Paul
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
psehorne

I just returned from visiting my Callcentric account where I discovered that I have a call treatment set up there to forward all calls to Voxalot, but I have it disabled. I must have set this up weeks ago and forgotten about it. Now I don't remember why I disabled it.
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
psehorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by psehorne View Post
I just returned from visiting my Callcentric account where I discovered that I have a call treatment set up there to forward all calls to Voxalot, but I have it disabled. I must have set this up weeks ago and forgotten about it. Now I don't remember why I disabled it.
I enabled my Callcentric call treatment to forward calls to Voxalot, and I disabled Voxalot registering with Callcentric. I then waited until Callcentric reported "Your phone is not registered..." I then placed a call from my cell phone to my Callcentric number and it was successfully forward through Voxalot to my ATA.
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Callcentric also has a habit of changing registration port and it wreaks havoc with the status display. The best solution, as has been said already, is to use call treatments.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote