Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
smz

smz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smz
Default General Question about Membership

First, I am editing this after the post to thank which ever moderator moved my post into a new thread. I really appreciate it. Now on with the original post...

I just signed up a couple days ago and must say the incoming call quality of Voxalot is superior to other free basic services such as sipphone and fwd.

I keep reading about upgrading the membership and getting the capability of registering other voip providers. This is what I would like to do and Martin or who ever might know, could you please assist me with this answer. I will gladly pay the $15 for a lite membership to accomplish this small task.

The quality of voipcheap incoming is aweful no matter where I get a DID from. But I can make outgoing calls and the quality is average but acceptable.
What I wanted to do was be able to have my Pap2 or My SPA2002 logged into one line to voxalot and have the ability to recieve incoming calls on voxalot which my Grandcentral to Freedigits to Voxalot is awesome!!! But be able to make outgoing calls through voipcheap which the registration is very simple and doesn't require an outbound proxy. I also read about dial plans mods here and that would be helpful. If someone can help me with some "presales tech support" that would be awesome. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to dial a 6 digit voxalot extention. I know about *010 but am I missing something? I have 2 different extentions registered but I cannot dial them direct, argh.

Sorry for posting in this thread but again I could not find a button to post a new thread in here.

Thank You for your time and I look forward to a reply.
Scott

Last edited by smz; 08-02-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Thank You for moving this to a new thread!!!
smz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

have you tried to dial at a 'Voip-promt' *010 xxx xxx where xxx xxx is your voxalot no.? This does not work?

carl
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
smz

Default General Question about membership response...

Yes, in regards to my troubles with dialing a direct extension or 6 digit voxalot number, I pick up my phone currently connected to phone 2 on my Linksys SPA2002 and receive a dial done from voxalot. However, *010 results in fast busy for reorder in telco terms. I would love to dial directly into 2 extensions currently on voxalot. I run a free party line that is telco based and only in the last year did I add some voip support. I've been using sipphone since the beginning after failing many tests with stanaphone, ipkall to fwd, and vbuzzer. Sipphone is still my paid provider as I have 3 virtual L.A. numbers but for whatever reason after 6 months issues are piling up big time. So two of the 12 lines are now Voxalot extensions, at least for testing. 344344 and 574574

my spa2002 is on 663663 and I get a dial tone like I said and the *010 is reorder. So I may be pointing to a dial plan issue? But I am an expert on Computer's and an amateur in most extended networking including voip. Though I have been running voip since the beginning when the spa1001 came out. My friend is in the business and has been bragging about it forever.

Of course the other half of my post I am still waiting to hear back on regarding upgrading to a lite membership so I can register an outbound provider such as my voipcheap account or perhaps sunrocket (yes they are bankrupt, but teleblend simply takes you off the do not disconnect list when you sign up) so my Linksys credentials still work. But my friend and I share that line. Long story so for the sake of fulfilling what I want to do, I'm looking at sip.voipcheap.com.

OK, I think I am starting to ramble. I help Moderate a tech support forum where my team is Hardware support. I have more than 500 posts and they are all this long.... I guess I type real fast or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casch View Post
have you tried to dial at a 'Voip-promt' *010 xxx xxx where xxx xxx is your voxalot no.? This does not work?

carl
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smz View Post
I pick up my phone currently connected to phone 2 on my Linksys SPA2002 and receive a dial done from voxalot. However, *010 results in fast busy for reorder in telco terms.
Sounds to me like a SPA2002 dial plan problem. Check out the Setting up your Hardware for Registration section of Configuring your hardware to use Voxalot

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Sounds to me like a SPA2002 dial plan problem.
The only dial plan needed on the SPA2002 for the line that's registered to Voxalot is [x*][x*]. (including the dot at the end). This, as I understand it, is basically a catch-all dial plan. All other dial plans should be configured within Voxalot itself, i.e. not on the ATA.

Last edited by ozimarco; 08-02-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more information
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

Just to be sure, your dial plan should be enclosed in parenthesis...
([x*][x*].)
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
smz

Default General Question about Membership

I really appreciate the follow ups to the first part of my post. When I wake up later, I will replace the dial plan and I trust all you guys know what you are talking about and will first try the basic one provided and follow up to Martin's link.

However, my question regarding the registration of a 3rd party outbound sip provider wasn't addressed and as a lite member would I be able to accomplish outbound dialing through my voxalot account by using just the one connection? If this is possible which from everything I've read, it seems very common, is there an additional modification needed for the dialplan and as I already know how to add voipcheap to the voxalot web control panel, should I know anything additional to pick up my voxalot extension to make outbound calls via my registered sip provider voipcheap?

Thank You once again in advance. You guy's have a really great service here.

Scott
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

According to VoipCheap
Quote:
Please note that when you call a number (even if it's local) you should always dial 00 + countrycode + areacode + subscribernumber)
I am using VoipDiscount which is owned by the same company. VoipCheap does not have to be registered (SIP Register = No) to make a call, just listed in Voice Service Provider List. I'm used to dialing 11 digits to make a long distance call (1-800-466-4411). So in the Smart Call (Dial Plan) section I added:
Pattern: _1NXXNXXXXXX
Replacement: 00${EXTEN}
So when I call 1-800-466-4411 it will be sent as 00-1-800-466-411 (actually ENUM will catch this if ENUM Lookup is set to yes).

For International calls we are used to dialing 011+number so I in the dial plan I have:
Pattern: _011XX.
Replacement: 00${EXTEN:3}
This strips the 011 then adds 00 as required by VoipCheap.
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #9
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

VoipCheap now also allows calls in the format [Countrycode + Areacode + Subscribernumber].

The "00" in front of the number is no longer required.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
smz

Default General Question about Membership Reply to Thread

Thanks for the tips. My question is still a bit unanswered which is how does voxalot know I want to use a particular outbound provider (such as voipcheap) to use as a dial out provider? I guess that is my main question. Once I understand that I will goto work building an appropriate dial plan.

Thanks to Everyone!