Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 05-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road
Default SipBroker user ID

To register at SipBroker, i needed a user uri, i used FWD, and also my FWD number, or could i have used any number ? i guess i already are reachable at that uri at FWD, please explain...

TIA

TheFug.
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
To register at SipBroker, i needed a user uri, i used FWD, and also my FWD number, or could i have used any number ? i guess i already are reachable at that uri at FWD, please explain...

TIA

TheFug.
SipBroker requires that you use a Sip URI to register (preferrably one that is valid)

Keep in mind that the only reason you'd need to actually sign up with SIPBroker would be if you need to create an alias for that SIP URI...

I don't know if that helps....feel free to expand on what you are trying to do...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
tosaid

tosaid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
SipBroker requires that you use a Sip URI to register (preferrably one that is valid)

Keep in mind that the only reason you'd need to actually sign up with SIPBroker would be if you need to create an alias for that SIP URI...

I don't know if that helps....feel free to expand on what you are trying to do...

emoci, could please give us an example? what an sipbroker alias'S good for.

Thank you.
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosaid View Post
emoci, could please give us an example? what an sipbroker alias'S good for.

Thank you.
Ok,

-I have a SIP URI of the form user@sip.provider.com
-I want to have someone from a PSTN phone call me, but he cannot dial 'user' because it is not numeric
-I sign up for a SipBroker acct. using user@sip.provider.com
-I assign it a numeric alias in the SIPBroker domain, eg. 12345
-It means that *011-1-12345 when dialed after calling a SipBroker access number will ring user@sip.provider.com

Pretty much the SipBroker alias allows someone to dial a Numeric Alias for an otherwise letter based username...
Unread 05-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
tosaid

tosaid is on a distinguished road

I got it. thx a lot.
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
TheFug

Quote:

Okay, thanks, so i guess i did the right thing, yeah, about an "alias" ....with Ixcall, i tried to change my alias into a nummeric value, but this could not be done...
I guess there are some nice dialplan constructions possible, with the peering of Sipbroker..
Do you know of any patern in the usernumbers, of FWD, Sipgate, Orbtalk,
it would be nice, if a dialplan could detect this... so one doesn't need to use *1 as a "function" in the dialplan....
Unread 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
Do you know of any patern in the usernumbers, of FWD, Sipgate, Orbtalk,
it would be nice, if a dialplan could detect this... so one doesn't need to use *1 as a "function" in the dialplan....
If I understand you corrcetly you want something like this:

-Dial Number
-If number is accessible via SipBroker, call in via SipBroker

Unfortunately unless the number(s) in question have been registered for ENum it is hard to do this. However dialing *SipCode-Number works fine.

Also if there are some numbers which you usually call, you can create DialPlans that will always automatically route those numbers via SipBroker (but you cannot create a general rule, because SipBroker does not know to which provider the number belongs, that's why it uses SipCodes)

In an ideal world all these numbers would be entered into an ENum database and then this sort of automatic routing would be possible but....
Unread 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
TheFug

Quote:
If I understand you corrcetly you want something like this:

-Dial Number
-If number is accessible via SipBroker, call in via SipBroker

Unfortunately unless the number(s) in question have been registered for ENum it is hard to do this. However dialing *SipCode-Number works fine.

Also if there are some numbers which you usually call, you can create DialPlans that will always automatically route those numbers via SipBroker (but you cannot create a general rule, because SipBroker does not know to which provider the number belongs, that's why it uses SipCodes)

In an ideal world all these numbers would be entered into an ENum database and then this sort of automatic routing would be possible but....
What i thought of, was, if a usernumber of FWD account doesn't start like that of a Ixcall, or Bujula account number, i could compose a dialplan (at Mysipswitch) with the peer prefixxes myself, so if someone said call me on my OrbTalk number, my dialplan detects by the number "features" that's a Orbtalk user, and uses the correct peer prefix, now, i'm still new(be) at Voxalot & SipBroker, i will look into the free features....
I guess the Ruby language offers also something at Mysipswitch, but i find this still hard to do for me, i was no hero at maths in the old days