Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
in2explore

in2explore is on a distinguished road
Smile Converting special numbers

Thanks affinity,

I was using 911 as an example - maybe bad 'cause of all the other issues it raises... Say i want 411 to convert to 800 Goog 411. Does somebody know what string to put into the Dial Plan: line? Is there documentation of that somewhere? I'm trying to avoid the complication of setting up a PBX just to route special numbers.

About emergency dialing - the US is a big place I used to live in NYC were the call center is important. Here in our town, all the emergency calls go into a local number so 911 in our case go to the local number that dispatches police fire ambulance. Most likely if we were calling, we'd be using one of the 4 mobile phones we have in the house...

On the 3102 Line 1 setup there is an "Emergency Number" field any idea what that does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
I'm not sure about the US, but in AU we are better off dialing the emergency number direct (000 in our case) -- the local police station may or may not be manned and furthermore emergency calls
in2explore is offline   Reply With Quote