Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #71
BBD

BBD is on a distinguished road

OK no one beat me to it and i am home and have just tried, and yes you can have two BBP Global accounts registered on the one IP. i have both accounts currently logged in on the one SIP phone on the one internet connection.

hope this helps!

EDIT: the server i am using is: sip2.bbpglobal.com
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #72
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Ok thanks.

Asterisk regististration instructions would really help so we can compare.

Does anyone have these?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #73
BBD

BBD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Ok thanks.

Asterisk regististration instructions would really help so we can compare.

Does anyone have these?
Martin, I've got some great news... I just registered both of my BBP Global accounts on my softphone and tried calling one softphone to the other, but instead my actual phone started ringing (because that is the same account that i have registered on voxalot)

so it appears that incoming calls do work, ill have to check if outgoing calls work too

EDIT: just tried, it appears that outgoing calls do not work. ill do more testing when i get home tonight. thanks for all your help Martin.

Last edited by BBD; 06-09-2006 at 12:49 AM.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 03:28 AM   #74
renanmm

renanmm is on a distinguished road
Default Issues

Hi Martin and all moderators,

I have been using voxalot for a month now and read all this thread. First of all congrats to every1 that made this great service possible.

I'm having an issue when receiving inbound calls in one of my providers. I have a DID setup in Brazil and everytime someone calls me and I answer, the calls doesn't last for more than 5 seconds and I hear a cracking noise on the VoIP phone. I have tried both voxalot.com and .au servers and none worked. Any ideas?
renanmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 04:54 AM   #75
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by renanmm
I'm having an issue when receiving inbound calls in one of my providers. I have a DID setup in Brazil and everytime someone calls me and I answer, the calls doesn't last for more than 5 seconds and I hear a cracking noise on the VoIP phone. I have tried both voxalot.com and .au servers and none worked. Any ideas?
Have you tried registering an ATA or soft phone directly with the provider instead of VoXaLot to see if the problem still occurs?

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #76
renanmm

renanmm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Have you tried registering an ATA or soft phone directly with the provider instead of VoXaLot to see if the problem still occurs?

Ron
Yes. I tried that and works fine with inbound calls. There's another DID forwarding that I tried with TerraSIP using the same inbound service and the result was the same: crack noise after 5-10 seconds.
renanmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #77
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Ron

So, are we pretty certain now that the one-way audio issue with vBuzzer is because VoXaLot uses port 5061 (Voxalot to external caller), even though it is okay, using the specified port 80 for the external caller to Voxalot?

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard
Hi Ron

I found it under SIP Tab and its also called "Substitute VIA Addr:". Changed it to "Yes" and presto!!!! StanaPhone works!!! Two-Way Audio. Thanks!!!!

vBuzzer is the only one giving a little trouble. Its gone back to needing to be registered on my line 2 (SP3K PSTN Line) or my eyeBEAM before it will ring through to my Voxalot account on line 1 :-(, but that's no biggie, I can do that. There is still one-way audio on vBuzzer though. Probably something to do with its non-standard port 80 maybe.

Anyhow, I'm really happy that ALL MY OTHER VSPs work great (now) with the new service.

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #78
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard
So, are we pretty certain now that the one-way audio issue with vBuzzer is because VoXaLot uses port 5061 (Voxalot to external caller), even though it is okay, using the specified port 80 for the external caller to Voxalot?
Richard,

I passed my test results to Martin and he has put the investigation of this issue on his todo list. As far as I can determine, everyone who is registering Vbuzzer from VoXaLot for incoming calls experiences one-way audio. While I don't have the capabilities to confirm it, my guess is it's related to Vbuzzer's use of Port 80. I'm confident Martin will be able to identify the cause of the problem, and most likely implement a solution, once he is able to actively investigate it.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #79
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ron & Martin. I am looking forward to see this working!!!! I know Martin has his hands quite full, so I'll be patient.
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #80
pvergers

pvergers is on a distinguished road

Martin,
I am having trouble with calls comming through voxalot from both of my providers:

Oztell: I have them also registered on my ATA (line 2) but they support dual registration - phone rings on line 2, but not on line 1 (voxalot)

Koala: only registered through voxalot, intermittent problems - Ring DID gets an engaged or "this number is out of service" msg ( even occurs on the rare occassion when I know the kaoal server is NOT offline)

Can you please tell me the registration state of these 2 VSPs - my voxalot number is 221177
pvergers is offline   Reply With Quote