Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Preventing calls from being forwarded to SipBroker

Hi

I have a situation where Voxalot is sending all dialed numbers starting with * (except calls to service numbers such as *500 and *600) to SipBroker. I do not want it to go to SipBroker, instead I want the dialed pattern to be interpreted by the Dialplan rules and replaced with a new string.

Exactly what I'm trying to do is:

(1) Dial *98
(2) Using a Dial Plan rule, see pattern *98 and replace it with 500 or *500

In any Smart Call (Dial Plan) you can turn off ENUM so that the number isn't first looked up against ENUM, but you can't seem to stop Voxlot from thinking that most numbers beginning with * must go to SipBroker. As soon as it sees the * before the number, it is ignoring my dial plan rule which says to strip out the *98 and replace it with 500 and sent it to us.voxalot.com, thus brining us to Voice Mail. Shouldn't there be a way to tell Voxalot, not to send * prefixed numbers to SipBroker?

I want to convert *98 to *500 or just 500 because that's how I normally dial my voicemail on my POTs line and I wanted to keep the same process.

Is there a way to do this with Voxalot or is this an oversight that someone may want customized * dialing assignments.

Thanks in advance

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

It's gonna be hard to convince VoXalot to do that, since the SIPBroker rule is like a default dialing rule that takes priority over all your other rules.

Two options:

1. Settle for **98 (creating a VoXalot SpeedDial that invokes *500 when you dial **98)

2. Do the maneuvering in your ATA

(<*98:*500>|*xx|*xxx.|**x.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hi

I have a situation where Voxalot is sending all dialed numbers starting with * (except calls to service numbers such as *500 and *600) to SipBroker. I do not want it to go to SipBroker, instead I want the dialed pattern to be interpreted by the Dialplan rules and replaced with a new string.

Exactly what I'm trying to do is:

(1) Dial *98
(2) Using a Dial Plan rule, see pattern *98 and replace it with 500 or *500

In any Smart Call (Dial Plan) you can turn off ENUM so that the number isn't first looked up against ENUM, but you can't seem to stop Voxlot from thinking that most numbers beginning with * must go to SipBroker. As soon as it sees the * before the number, it is ignoring my dial plan rule which says to strip out the *98 and replace it with 500 and sent it to us.voxalot.com, thus brining us to Voice Mail. Shouldn't there be a way to tell Voxalot, not to send * prefixed numbers to SipBroker?

I want to convert *98 to *500 or just 500 because that's how I normally dial my voicemail on my POTs line and I wanted to keep the same process.

Is there a way to do this with Voxalot or is this an oversight that someone may want customized * dialing assignments.

Thanks in advance

Richard
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:01 AM   #3
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Emoci

You're a genius

The modification of the ATA dialplan did the trick perfect ;-)

*98 now takes me directly to Voxalot VM, just as it does on my regular POT number ;-)

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
It's gonna be hard to convince VoXalot to do that, since the SIPBroker rule is like a default dialing rule that takes priority over all your other rules.

Two options:

1. Settle for **98 (creating a VoXalot SpeedDial that invokes *500 when you dial **98)

2. Do the maneuvering in your ATA

(<*98:*500>|*xx|*xxx.|**x.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
richard is offline   Reply With Quote