Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Sharpshark

Sharpshark is on a distinguished road
Question ENUM seems active even though it shouldn't be

That's my dial plans:
1 _1800. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes
999 _xxxx. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes

ENUM is disactivated in the first one, but when I do the test calls, they seem to be routed through random SIP gate(whatever the name is).

I live in Canada in the province of Quebec. I prefer to have someone to speak in french on the other side of the line. I recently had issues calling the UPS toll free number and get someone speaking french. I've just figured out that my Voxalot settings might be at cause. The number I try to dial is 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877).

The "Test Call" button results are:
1- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tollfree.sip-happens.com
2- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tf.voipmich.com

In result 1, I get the call center in the US (I believe) which only offers me english and spanish as choices.

In result 2, I get french choice in first and then english.

Any idea how to make all my toll free calls go through tf.voipmich.com ? Do the $[EXTEND], country code, area code, Geographical Lookup thingies have something to do with it?

I'm pretty new to the dial plans and how calls are routed. I've been searching for similar issues in the forum and, when close to my case, it still seems to be only case by case information.

I've discovered enumquery.com - ENUM lookup in e164.arpa and custom trees , but I don't really know how it can help me.
Sharpshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshark View Post
That's my dial plans:
1 _1800. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes
999 _xxxx. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes

ENUM is disactivated in the first one, but when I do the test calls, they seem to be routed through random SIP gate(whatever the name is).

I live in Canada in the province of Quebec. I prefer to have someone to speak in french on the other side of the line. I recently had issues calling the UPS toll free number and get someone speaking french. I've just figured out that my Voxalot settings might be at cause. The number I try to dial is 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877).

The "Test Call" button results are:
1- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tollfree.sip-happens.com
2- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tf.voipmich.com

In result 1, I get the call center in the US (I believe) which only offers me english and spanish as choices.

In result 2, I get french choice in first and then english.

Any idea how to make all my toll free calls go through tf.voipmich.com ? Do the $[EXTEND], country code, area code, Geographical Lookup thingies have something to do with it?

I'm pretty new to the dial plans and how calls are routed. I've been searching for similar issues in the forum and, when close to my case, it still seems to be only case by case information.

I've discovered enumquery.com - ENUM lookup in e164.arpa and custom trees , but I don't really know how it can help me.
1. Try this for the first dial plan.... (it should send 1800 calls via Unlimitel, and send the correct CID for language options, it also covers 1877, 1888 etc.)

1 _18xx. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes

Makes sure active is yes, but ENum Lookup and Geo lookup are set to no...

2. One thing though, the Test field seems to interpret 1-800-742-5877 and 18007425877 differently.....

Try a test for 18007425877 (without dashes) and you'll notice the call is being sent via Unlimitel even with the current Dial Plan, so ENum is not your problem here...

3. However it is very likely that Unlimitel is routing their 1800 calls from a US server, hence the US call centre, I've had similar experiences with VBuzzer (and it is hit and miss too, you'll get the Canadian Centre one time, the US one the next....)

Next time try calling this number for UPS 1-800-263-8125 (it connects strictly to the Canadian Call Centre....got it last time I called with VoIP and told the lady I was from Toronto)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
Sharpshark

Sharpshark is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the dial plan. Somehow, my issue resolved itself without using it, but I'll use it any for the future.

You were right about "Test Call" interpreting the dashes differently.

Is there a way to make all 18xx numbers use tf.voipmich.com ?

By the way, what's the use of "Virtual Toll Free" and "Geographical lookup" options? I know that there is a "Virtual Toll Free" feature for INCOMING calls, but I have no idea what's the use for outgoing calls.
Sharpshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshark View Post
Thank you for the dial plan. Somehow, my issue resolved itself without using it, but I'll use it any for the future.

You were right about "Test Call" interpreting the dashes differently.

Is there a way to make all 18xx numbers use tf.voipmich.com ?

Unfortunately there is no way to force all 1800 numbers via tf.voipmich.com (for now), however you can create Speed Dials for specific 1800 numbers and use the SIP URI option (eg. **104 RG sip:18887643771@tf.voipmich.com , that's Rogers forced via VoipMich).

By the way, what's the use of "Virtual Toll Free" and "Geographical lookup" options? I know that there is a "Virtual Toll Free" feature for INCOMING calls, but I have no idea what's the use for outgoing calls.
Virtual Toll Free
-Say you put a button on your site so people can call you (this is Virtual Toll Free)
-The way it works, is that it asks your visitors for their Phone Number or SIP URI (calls to SIP are free, so the concerning part are calls to actual phones). It then uses your providers in the VoXalot acct. to call the visitors phones and then rings your phone and connects them to you
-However you may not want all your providers to be available to be used for this CallBack (eg. why risk international bills, when your target visitors are only US/Canada for example). The Virtual Toll Free Active option lets you specify which of your outgoing rules can be used to call back visitors. All other rules can be used by you, but not via the CallBack for Virtual Toll Free

Hope that clears it up...

Geo Lookup

This is applicable for countries like UK or Australia which have premium numbers (eg. 845, 870 numbers in UK). This premium numbers have the user pay a higher rate, and are used as a souce of income at times by the call centers operating them. However each premium number eventually rings to a regular local phone number. Geo Lookup uses a list compiled by users to match premium numbers, with the closest respective local number.... The database is maintained by e164.org, but has lately been in limbo after some complaints by providers forced a good deal of numbers to be removed....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote