Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road
Default Direct SIP call to Voxalot and using dialplan?

This is difficult to explain:

1 - I use an SPA3102 registered with a loacl VoIP provider
2 - I have set up a voxalot account on GW1 of the 3102

Is it possible to select GW1 and make a call via another VSP registered with Voxalot?

So if I dial normally conforming to my 3102 dialplan the call is handled locally via VSP 1

But if I call Voxalot via GW1 how can I dial via VSP2?
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
This is difficult to explain:

1 - I use an SPA3102 registered with a loacl VoIP provider
2 - I have set up a voxalot account on GW1 of the 3102

Is it possible to select GW1 and make a call via another VSP registered with Voxalot?

So if I dial normally conforming to my 3102 dialplan the call is handled locally via VSP 1

But if I call Voxalot via GW1 how can I dial via VSP2?

VoXalot becomes VSP2, and the providers within VoXalot become like multiple possible routes that are activated depending on the number you dial

To assign which dialing format invokes which provider, you use the VoXalot Smart Call/Dial Plan feature

Think of VoXalot like a hosted SPA3102 with one major difference, whereas in the SPA you need to dial let's say 2# for GW2 and wait for a dial tone before calling the number, in VoXalot you send the number alltogether, eg.2#1234567 (although you probably don't want to use # in the middle of a number for VoXalot since it has the function of the send key) and VoXalot matches a DIAL PLAN automatically....

So in your case, assuming you set up VoXalot in GW1, call the sequence for GW1, then at the tone dial the number. To specify which provider from within VoXalot will handle the call, use the Smart Call/Dial Plan feature to set the dialing rules up beforehand, and then VoXalot will apply the rules automatically.

I hope that kinda helps....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Tranworld

Default exciting!

Thank you for the tremendous explanation, I did even know if anyone would understand my request (since I have problem explaining it myself). Now to go a bit fufther into its use, I do have to make it very simple for the person using it.

My dialplan is not designed to restrict dialling, or perform anything fancy, just to be easy for the user:

1 - in the 3102 I set it so that straight dialling with no prefix will use the Line 1 VSP. Prefix it with # will select GW1 WITHOUT a secondary tone, it will dial straight via GW1. So now my GW1 will have Voxalot account

2 - Voxalot is setup likewise, straight dial will dial via one preferred VSP and this is what I want to use.

So how do I dial? Will a simple #1234567 make it work?
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Thank you for the tremendous explanation, I did even know if anyone would understand my request (since I have problem explaining it myself). Now to go a bit fufther into its use, I do have to make it very simple for the person using it.

My dialplan is not designed to restrict dialling, or perform anything fancy, just to be easy for the user:

1 - in the 3102 I set it so that straight dialling with no prefix will use the Line 1 VSP. Prefix it with # will select GW1 WITHOUT a secondary tone, it will dial straight via GW1. So now my GW1 will have Voxalot account

2 - Voxalot is setup likewise, straight dial will dial via one preferred VSP and this is what I want to use.

So how do I dial? Will a simple #1234567 make it work?
Setting aside any minor complications, you should be fine (but run a test to be on the safe side)

One thing you may want to pay some attention to is this:

Using your example, dialing #1234567 will dial 1234567 via VoXalot (which will then route it accordingly based on the Smart Call/Dial Plans), however you may find yourself waiting for a delay of time, one way to speed up the process is to instead dial #1234567#

The # at the end in 'VoXalot terms' tells the system you are done dialing, so it should dial the number straight out. My only worry is if the last # triggers some sort of feature on the SPA as well, so it's worth testing to make sure....

But your preferred dialing method should be more like #1234567# for VoXalot

If you run into problems, remember there is a test tool under Smart Call/Dial Plans that simulates a dialed number, and tells you how it will route based on the dial plans

Remember, nothing beats you testing it out, I find there is always minor little details that get in the way, but the good news is once it's set, it is usually pretty reliable
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Tranworld

Default Default work but not dial plan

First all dialplan worked properly when testing using a direct "mode" that is either using the test function or using a 3102 registered as Voxalot user

So now if if dial #1234567# from my 3102 it can dial normally via Voxalot default, that is in my dialplan if there is no prefix it will dial this VSP, BUT

If I prefix it with anything, for example 22 where 22 is dialplan number 90 and which use the same VSP, the 3102 made the call but then silent, no other activity apparent, eg. dialling #221234567# doesn't work (dialplan strips the 1st 2 digits before dialling)

Not sure where to look here
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
Tranworld

Default Correction error in dialplan

Sorry I spotted an error in my test dialplan, will check again
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Sorry I spotted an error in my test dialplan, will check again
Allright, one more thing to keep in mind for the time being is to set ENum lookup and the Geo lookup setting to No for now under the dial plan settings
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Tranworld

Default Thank you

Thank you Emoci for your help, corrected the error and it worked!

The only thing that doesn't work is if I have a * in the dialplan.eg for dialplan 1 I originally have 1* as the identified, the dialplan then strips 1* and dial the rest via the VSP, this works well if it is a directly connected 3102 so I could dial 1*1234567# and it will dial as appropriate, but calling this via the GW1 seems to stop it working, that is silence. Changing the dialplan to say prefix 11 make it work again but I wonder why the * did not work.

example: dialling #1*1234567# should instruct the 3102 to use gw1 (that is the # for) then pass 1*1234567 to Voxalot which should then strip 1* off and dial, but it went silent after it was passed to Voxalot (but if I replaced 1* with 11 then it works again)
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Thank you Emoci for your help, corrected the error and it worked!

The only thing that doesn't work is if I have a * in the dialplan.eg for dialplan 1 I originally have 1* as the identified, the dialplan then strips 1* and dial the rest via the VSP, this works well if it is a directly connected 3102 so I could dial 1*1234567# and it will dial as appropriate, but calling this via the GW1 seems to stop it working, that is silence. Changing the dialplan to say prefix 11 make it work again but I wonder why the * did not work.

example: dialling #1*1234567# should instruct the 3102 to use gw1 (that is the # for) then pass 1*1234567 to Voxalot which should then strip 1* off and dial, but it went silent after it was passed to Voxalot (but if I replaced 1* with 11 then it works again)

There is a good chance that * is involved in some function for the gateway in the SPA 3102.....look around in the gateway settings on the SPA and see if pressing * has a function
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #10
Tranworld

Default Right again

Yes you are right again, I dialled while watching the info screen and the digits are not passed on to Voxalot indicating that the 3102 has intercepted it somehow (strange that you can direct dial it though)

Looks like I will have to modify the dialplan, a bit restrictive though without using special digits like * and #