Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
blex

blex is on a distinguished road
Default Can't dial out anymore

I used to be able to dial out using VoipCheap.com, but for the last few months and for no apparent reason this is no longer possible and I receive a cheerful automated voice saying' We're sorry, the numer you have called could not be connected'. Voipcheap claim that they have not changed anything on their side, so I am a little perplexed. When I connect my phone to a different phone port on my voip phone adaptor and configure the port for Voipcheap, using the same settings I have used to set it up with Voxalot, there are no problems at all and I can phone out. Any advice would be appreciated.
blex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by blex View Post
I used to be able to dial out using VoipCheap.com, but for the last few months and for no apparent reason this is no longer possible and I receive a cheerful automated voice saying' We're sorry, the numer you have called could not be connected'. Voipcheap claim that they have not changed anything on their side, so I am a little perplexed. When I connect my phone to a different phone port on my voip phone adaptor and configure the port for Voipcheap, using the same settings I have used to set it up with Voxalot, there are no problems at all and I can phone out. Any advice would be appreciated.
It sounds like it maybe a Dial Plan issue...

Have you changed anything in VoXalot or your ATA lately?

In VoXalot under Smart Call/Dial Plans use the test field to test a number as you would normally dial... does VoXalot route it properly?

Second make sure your ATA's dial plan is setup appropriately (best bet for the line being used with VoXalot would be at least something like [x*][x*]. )
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
blex

blex is on a distinguished road
Default Sorted

Strange, I never removed my dial plans, but when I had a look at the settings it does appear to be the problem... I had a blonde moment, I know... should have thought that the issue may lie there. Thanks for putting me on the right track, I have sorted it out. Cheers!
blex is offline   Reply With Quote