Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-01-2006, 06:37 AM   #11
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Hi Roman1,
Are you running X-Lite behind a firewall/NAT?
If yes, have you forwarded any ports or set voicestick.exe to have full access and not be blocked by the firewall or NAT?
Thanks

Last edited by kurun; 11-01-2006 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Improved formatting
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #12
roman1

roman1 is on a distinguished road

Hello Kurun,

Yes, I ran it behind a firewall at home and I didn't forward any ports on my router. X-Lite has default configuration as well as my router. I guess if you cannot register to any SIP Voip providers then there is something wrong with your softphone configuration or most likely firewall blocks SIP ports. For example, I cannot use any providers at work. Which is really bad and I don't know if there is a way around it.
roman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 04:46 AM   #13
kurun

That's interesting. For some reason the Voicestick Readme 1.12 File mentions opening up several ports, in particular 1812, 5002, 5003 (which probably do not apply to SIP), and 5060, 16384-32768 (for RTP).

Without opening up any ports, I could get outgoing calls from both SJ phone and X-Lite to work well.

Incoming calls (into the soft phone, registered with Voicestick) did not work properly.

I could ring up the softphone phone, but the call did not establish correctly.

With SJ, the calling party keeps hearing a ring, and the receiving party does not hear anything on pickup.

With X-Lite, the call is established for very few seconds, then the receiving party does not hear anything, while the calling party is transferred to voice mail.

After opening up the ports mentioned in the Readme 1.12 file, and after rebooting the router, the incoming calls are finally working well also. (I would have saved an embarrassing number of hours, if I had rebooted the router right away).

As you mentioned, I cannot get a SIP connection to function correctly at work during business hours. Occasionally, it seems to work OK late in the evenings, presumably when the network traffic is low, or ports become available.

I wonder if somebody at Voxalot could figure out the difference between the softphone behaviour and the Voxalot registration, as far as the Port availability and NAT.
Unread 11-03-2006, 04:51 AM   #14
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Are you able to call out using VoiceStick from VoXaLot? VoiceStick supposedly requires the use of an outbound proxy server which cannot be set on VoXaLot.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
kurun

Yes, I can call out from my Voxalot account using Voicestick as the outgoing provider. The receiving party gets my Voicestick number on their call display screen. The provider account is set up as Register=No.

I cannot get the incoming to work using Voxalot.

One workaround for now is just to set up the Voicestick account to "Call-forward" to a DID number routed into the Voxalot account.
Not ideal, but meets my immediate needs.

The call display information is my own Voicestick number, so the calling party info is lost, except if they leave voicemail.

The other choice is of course to use a soft phone, which is not desirable.
Unread 01-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #16

244751 will become famous soon enough
Default Just checking

Just checking if there has been any luck with registering voicestick with voxalot. I would really like to receive incoming voicestick calls
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote