Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
BigTex

BigTex is on a distinguished road
Default Losing inbound about once a month

Hi, since I've been using Voxalot (for many months now), I've had a persistent problem. About once a month it loses its ability to receive inbound calls. I'm able to correct the problem by resetting my Linksys Sipura ATA. Here are the symptoms:

1. The Linksys still thinks it's registered.
2. Voxalot still thinks it's registered to my Vitelity account.
3. Incoming calls from a SIP Broker number cause the ATA to ring, but not calls through Vitelity from a regular PSTN.
4. Outbound calls work fine.
Added later in the day: 5. Inbound calls from a PSTN appear to be ringing to the caller, and they eventually roll over to my Voxalot voice mail when the standard timeout is reached.

Please help - my wife is getting frustrated

Last edited by BigTex; 03-07-2008 at 09:48 PM.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
Hi, since I've been using Voxalot (for many months now), I've had a persistent problem. About once a month it loses its ability to receive inbound calls. I'm able to correct the problem by resetting my Linksys Sipura ATA. Here are the symptoms:

1. The Linksys still thinks it's registered.
2. Voxalot still thinks it's registered to my Vitelity account.
3. Incoming calls from a SIP Broker number cause the ATA to ring, but not calls through Vitelity from a regular PSTN.
4. Outbound calls work fine.
Added later in the day: 5. Inbound calls from a PSTN appear to be ringing to the caller, and they eventually roll over to my Voxalot voice mail when the standard timeout is reached.

Please help - my wife is getting frustrated

I would suggest three/four things to look into:

1. Is Symmetric NAT set to Yes or No in the VoXalot Member Page (preferrably it needs to be set to No to satisfy step 2)
2. Is Optimize Audio Enabled for the Vitelity Account (try enabling it)

-Makes sure at this point that the changes above did not introduce any audio issues with any other providers

3. Make sure your ATA has STUN setup, it may help
4.You'll find a Register Expires field on the ATA which by default is set to 3600, try lowering it (eg. mine is set at 600)
5. Also this maybe useless, but if you have a good router, make sure UPnP is activated...

Hope one of the above helps change things
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
BigTex

Thanks for responding emoci....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I would suggest three/four things to look into:

1. Is Symmetric NAT set to Yes or No in the VoXalot Member Page (preferrably it needs to be set to No to satisfy step 2)

I have had it set to No for several months.

Yes, Optimize Audio has been enabled.

-Makes sure at this point that the changes above did not introduce any audio issues with any other providers

I'll check on my ATA's STUN setup (I'm on a business trip until Friday).

4.You'll find a Register Expires field on the ATA which by default is set to 3600, try lowering it (eg. mine is set at 600)

I'll also check what the current value of the REgister Expires field is.

5. Also this maybe useless, but if you have a good router, make sure UPnP is activated...

Hope one of the above helps change things
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
BigTex

I have had it set to No for several months.

Yes, Optimize Audio has been enabled.

STUN is enabled. The STUN server is stun.xten.com. Is there a better one for Voxalot?

I found these values in the SIP tab of my Linksys SPS 2102:

Reg Min Expires: 1
Reg Max Expires: 7200
Reg Retry Intvl: 30
Reg Retry Long Intvl: 1200

Are you saying that I should change Reg Max Expires to 600? Do the others look OK?

I have a wireless router that is downstream from the SPA2101, as follows:
Time-Warner Modem - SPA2101 - D-Link Router - Computer

I don't think that the SPA2101 supports UPnP.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Probably an issue relating to Vitelity's DID, or how it interacts with Voxalot, since your ATA is still registered and calling via SipBroker still rings you. I am not sure what the problem is however, or why it works for a long while then stops. It is easier to deal with in terms of troubleshooting when it simply doesn't work at all.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote