Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
scrag

scrag is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot Callback issue?

I am registered with the Australian SIP server on Voxalot
9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com.

-I have altered my SIPBroker account to reflect this ie;
9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com. In my account details it says that my SIPBroker number is *0619XXXXX

-I have altered my e.164.org account to reflect this ie;
9XXXXXX@au.voxalot.com. ENUM test call worked.

In Voxalot callback I have entered my mobile number (via PennyTel) and the number to call my home phone *0619XXXXX (via SIPBroker).

The call to my mobile goes through fine and Voxalot advises me that it is connecting the home number. The call just terminates in a beep or two and then stops.

Could it take some time before the servers are updated with the details that I changed in my SIPBroker account details. I changed them from:
9XXXXX@voxalot.com.au to 9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com.

Any help is appreciated.

Just tested something..... by dialling the Melbourne SIPBroker gateway ie; 88072174 then *0619XXXXX The phone will ring. It just will not go through from the Voxalot Web Callback function. Bit lost!!

Another test.... EziDial at SIPBroker rings the phone as well. Just will not work from Voxalot Web Callback

Last edited by scrag; 03-01-2007 at 08:36 AM.
scrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrag View Post
I am registered with the Australian SIP server on Voxalot
9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com.

-I have altered my SIPBroker account to reflect this ie;
9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com. In my account details it says that my SIPBroker number is *0619XXXXX

-I have altered my e.164.org account to reflect this ie;
9XXXXXX@au.voxalot.com. ENUM test call worked.

In Voxalot callback I have entered my mobile number (via PennyTel) and the number to call my home phone *0619XXXXX (via SIPBroker).

The call to my mobile goes through fine and Voxalot advises me that it is connecting the home number. The call just terminates in a beep or two and then stops.

Could it take some time before the servers are updated with the details that I changed in my SIPBroker account details. I changed them from:
9XXXXX@voxalot.com.au to 9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com.

Any help is appreciated.

Just tested something..... by dialling the Melbourne SIPBroker gateway ie; 88072174 then *0619XXXXX The phone will ring. It just will not go through from the Voxalot Web Callback function. Bit lost!!

Another test.... EziDial at SIPBroker rings the phone as well. Just will not work from Voxalot Web Callback
What happens if you use:

9XXXXX at VoXaLot (instead of *0619XXXXX at SIP Broker)

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
scrag

Thanks for the reply Martin.

It seems Voxalot isn't recognising my account number anymore.

After having changed 9XXXXX@voxalot.com.au to 9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com in my SIPBroker profile. If I enter 9XXXXX in the dial plan it will go out via my PennyTel dial plan in Voxalot.

It wasn't doing that yesterday and Voxalot was recognising my 9XXXXX account number.

Strange.

I was initially, when I signed up, on 9XXXXX@voxalot.com.

I'm a bit confused now
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
After having changed 9XXXXX@voxalot.com.au to 9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com in my SIPBroker profile. If I enter 9XXXXX in the dial plan it will go out via my PennyTel dial plan in Voxalot.
There are a few different problems you are describing. If we can tackle one at a time it will make it a bit easier for me

Let's leave the SIP Broker issues aside for now and look at the VoXaLot problem.

If 9xxxxx is going our via PennyTel it is because there is a pennytel dial plan entry that matches the 9xxxxx number.

The "official" way to dial other VoXaLot users is *010/*061/*031 9xxxxx

Dialling the 6 digit number directly will only work if there is not a conflicting dial plan entry.

If this addresses the VoXaLot problem we can move onto the SIP Broker question?

Unread 03-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
scrag

Cheers. I thought a dial plan may have been in conflict for the 9XXXXX.

I have changed the Web Callback "number to dial" to *0109XXXXX (Voxalot)and that works fine now. My mobile rings the call is then successfully connected to my Voxalot number.

If I change it to *0619XXXXX (Sipbroker) the call will fail once I have received the mobile call. The connection takes place but fails... terminating in a beep tone.
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
martin

Quote:
If I change it to *0619XXXXX (Sipbroker) the call will fail once I have received the mobile call. The connection takes place but fails... terminating in a beep tone.
Thanks, a subtlety we need to look into. Does *0109xxxxx via VoXaLot give you what you need as a workaround?

Unread 03-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
scrag

Martin,

Thanks. Yes *0109XXXXX via Voxalot works, as does *0619XXXXX via Voxalot.

It's all working as it's supposed to. I think I was the problem!

I think I misunderstood how the system works. Either way and via the other dial plan options Voxalot will look for an ENUM match anyway. My home number +6139XXXXXXX is pointing to my Voxalot account
9XXXXX@au.voxalot.com.

The way I understand the Sipbroker option to work in the Voxalot Web Callback function is that I can enter my PSTN number and it will match whatever I have my Sipbroker account pointing to. ie; my Voxalot account.

Thanks for your help Martin