Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road
Default Why does register/unregister take so long?

Who does it take so long to register or unregister a provider with voxalot?

I am currently in the process of trying to unregister a Voip.ms account on one premium account and switch it to another Voxalot premium account. It took three hours of "auth. sent" to try to unregister on the first Voxalot account. The phone finally stopped ringing on that account, so I assume that after three hours it has succeeded, even though the message "auth. sent" is still there. Now the Voxalot premium account at which I am trying to reregister has been sitting there as "auth. sent" for four hours, and the phone is ringing nowhere. Test calls get a ring tone at the caller's end, but they are not going through to Voxalot ATA.

Yet the sticky on sip authorizations clearly says "Server replications take place every 5 mins. Please allow this much time for your change to take effect."

Actually, I don't even recall seeing an "auth. sent" message in the past. Is this something new?

This has been a big problem for me many times, often with accounts listed as "registered" or not registered (a dash) for weeks after I make a change.

Last edited by toolio; 04-10-2010 at 07:09 PM.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

I remember I read somewhere this forum that it takes 3~4 hours to register in worst case when I experienced a similar delay.
yes, sometime (not always) it takes a while.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
toolio

Well, in my case it has now been around 18 hours and it still says ""auth. sent"--and calls are not being received on that provider. Strange.

And now it appears no calls to any providers registered on that account are being received, only calls forwarded through providers to my voxalot account sip address.

(Martin, if you see this I have sent you a PM with info about the account, your help would be appreciated. Thanks).

Last edited by toolio; 04-11-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Unread 04-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
toolio

Four days now. Still "auth sent." on two different accounts. Can't get any help by PMing admins because I get no replies. No Voxalot support types have commented on this thread.

How does one actually resolve a problem with paid Premium accounts?
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

If you're seeing Auth Sent....it usually means some information is incorrect...however in this case you're trying to unregister...

The best suggestion when you see the registration status stuck is:

-Change your other acct. password (eg. change password at Voip.ms)
-Get any of your VoXalot accts. to register with the acct. using the old/wrong password until you see "failed".
-Upon registration failing de-register the registration and wait to see -.
-Remove/Delete the registration
-At that point re-register with the correct settings
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
toolio

Emoci,

Thanks for the tips. I'll try your suggestion the next time I am in a jam.

I finally got it straightened (before reading your message) by changing the Voxalot server names for voip.ms to servers that do not exist, then waiting until "auth sent" disappeared, then re-registering (or in the case of the account I was trying to de-register, taking no further action) with the correct server info.

I suspect that pretty much amounts to what you were suggesting, in a slightly different way.

It would be nice if Voxalot offered a simpler solution, like the ability to "reboot" an account.

Edit: Apparently I lied. I just checked the account with the "unregistered" Voip.ms and now it says "registered" again...even though "active" and "sip register" are set to "no." This is certainly frustrating, because a few days ago the "auth sent" had disappeared and was replaced by the dash under "registration status" that usually indicates non-registration.

I just don't get this. I will try your suggestions now.

Last edited by toolio; 04-22-2010 at 04:23 PM.