Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road
Default SPA-1001 and PAP2

I have an SPA-1001 that is registered with Voxalot, using dialplan ([x*][x*]. <:@sipbroker.com>|#[x*]. |xx.|) on the ATA.

My providers' list has 4 VSPs and my Voxalot dialplan selects them automatically just as I want. Now I want to set up my PAP2 to do the same. I have set it up in an identical manner - same settings, same dialplan. However, the dialtone that it delivers starts with a fast busy-type tone. This is followed by a short burst of dialtone, then it drops out.

I have both ATAs running on the same LAN. I considered that this might cause a clash, so I disabled the SPA-1001 but it made no difference.

Does anybody have any ideas why this won't work?

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

I think what you're hearing is called a 'stutter-dialtone'. It has nothing to do with dial plans. It indicates you have voicemail waiting. Dial 500 and delete all your voicemail and the dialtone should go back to normal.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
ataboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I think what you're hearing is called a 'stutter-dialtone'. It has nothing to do with dial plans. It indicates you have voicemail waiting. Dial 500 and delete all your voicemail and the dialtone should go back to normal.

Ron
Thanks Ron; I did have messages. However I deleted them and the stutter-dialtone is still there. I followed the recommendations in another thread and sent myself a new one, then deleted it. No change in the dialtone by doing that either.

I was originally puzzled because my SPA-1001 doesn't give me the stutter while my PAP2 does. Maybe that's something integral to the individual models.

ataboy
Unread 05-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
ataboy

Sorry to follow up on my own message, but the new Message Waiting server configuration seems to have done the trick. I still had the stutter tone until I sent myself a new message today. My phone showed the Message Waiting icon, I deleted the message and now all is as it should be.

Thanks for your help.

ataboy