Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road
Default SOLVED: Can't call 500 or 600 when using alternate proxy ports.

My ATA is Linksys SPA2100. When using alternate proxy ports, such as port 80, the call switches SIP from port 80 to port 5060 (I'm talking about Voxalot's end). Obviously this is not going to fly if one's ISP is blocking port 5060, which is the likely reason someone would be using port 80.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Last edited by boatman; 09-03-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: SOLVED
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
My ATA is Linksys SPA2100. When using alternate proxy ports, such as port 80, the call switches SIP from port 80 to port 5060 (I'm talking about Voxalot's end). Obviously this is not going to fly if one's ISP is blocking port 5060, which is the likely reason someone would be using port 80.

Anyone else notice this bug?
Do you know if there's a 21 seconds delay, before this happens ? you (only) hear the *600 introduction ?
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road
Default Solved: Can't call 500 or 600 when using alternate proxy ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
Do you know if there's a 21 seconds delay, before this happens ? you (only) hear the *600 introduction ?
No sound was heard. Voxalot's end changed to port 5060 before the RTP packet stream was set up. However, I did find a solution.

I had been testing with Proxy set to us.voxalot.com:80 and nothing in Outbound Proxy. The fix was simply to set 3 items as follows:

Outbound Proxy: us.voxalot.com:80
Use Outbound Proxy: yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: yes

After making the above changes the entire SIP dialog remained on the chosen port (port 80) for the duration of the call, and audio was heard normally.

Now that we know 'Outbound Proxy' settings are needed for Linksys ATAs when using any of the alternate proxy ports, should the 'Outbound Proxy' settings be incorporated into Voxalot's recommended Linksys ATA settings in the Wiki? Is there any situation when using 'Outbound Proxy' settings could cause any problem?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
No sound was heard. Voxalot's end changed to port 5060 before the RTP packet stream was set up. However, I did find a solution.

I had been testing with Proxy set to us.voxalot.com:80 and nothing in Outbound Proxy. The fix was simply to set 3 items as follows:

Outbound Proxy: us.voxalot.com:80
Use Outbound Proxy: yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: yes

After making the above changes the entire SIP dialog remained on the chosen port (port 80) for the duration of the call, and audio was heard normally.

Now that we know 'Outbound Proxy' settings are needed for Linksys ATAs when using any of the alternate proxy ports, should the 'Outbound Proxy' settings be incorporated into Voxalot's recommended Linksys ATA settings in the Wiki? Is there any situation when using 'Outbound Proxy' settings could cause any problem?

Is this fine Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

Feel free to modify the wiki article if need be....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote