Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #71
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

I suppose that Sipgate does not like to be double contacted by Voxalot AND PBXes. You really have to delete Sipgate from Voxalot's provider list to make it work with PBXes.

This is a strange behaviour since Sipgate normally accepts double logins from different SIP devices, e.g. in former days I was connected to Sipgate from Voxalot and my ATA at the same time.

Those were the days when Sipgate was the central voice mail for alle my SIP accounts. Too sad that they are over.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #72
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post
here is the solution that works for me:
1) voxalot.com: delete the sipgate.at from "providers" (this is all to do at voxalot)
2) create pbxes.com (free) account
3) ... bla bla bla
hallo el_condor!

yes - the sipgate account(s) at voxalot must be deleted *first* (as described).

regards
fla
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #73
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Condor View Post
The last time I checked Sipgate did not work with PBXes either.
I can't get it to work with sipgate.co.uk, but then again I might have set it up wrongly. . .

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #74
PaulC

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Hmm... I just tried registering my UK sipgate account with my (US-based) asterisk server, and though both ends claim to be registered, calls to a UK geographic sipgate number won't go through (recorded message). The sipgate website has recognised that an 'Asterisk PBX' is the device connected to it, so I wonder if that's part of the block? and/or a geographic block on calls being routed to an IP address outside the UK?

Either reason might be enough to explain why my (US) voxalot account can't register successfully with sipgate.co.uk. Though it's odd my asterisk server is registering successfully, though it's pretty academic if a UK caller can't reach me.

Frankly, if sipgate doesn't want my business so badly they're prepared to put obsticles in the way, that's fine by me. I can get better termination rates to UK numbers from a US provider anyhow (which is somewhat ironic...).

But I still need a UK geographic number (Nottingham). Anyone have any experience with OrbTalk?
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #75
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default Geographic UK Number

I have a UK geographic number from DrayTEL VoIP Service
You can pick the local area for an initial charge.
Account works very well registered in Voxalot.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #76
mgoebel

Default Any news?

Any news from Sipgate?

I saw that they visited several times my regarding blog entry. Maybe the unblocked Voxalot after that?
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:31 AM   #77
slapdash

slapdash is on a distinguished road

I only use sipgate to send occasional texts these day, so I have only just woken upto the fact that I can't receive calls on my sipgate number. I emailed sipgate and reived this :-

Duesseldorf, 20.6.2007

Hi Mr. ...,

you have to register the device directly with our server.

Login details must not be given to 3rd parties. The provider mentioned above (note: voxalot is ment) attracted attention due to nonserious business practices. for our customers safety we try to remedy potential abuse through this corporation.

Best regards,

Frederik van Koningshoven

It looks as if Martin and co. have been enjoying their work, and have not taken life seriously enough. That always upsets German businessmen.

van Koningshoven's message also looks a bit libellous - nonserious business practices...customers safety...potential abuse. I think voxalot should ask for a public apology

Slapdash
slapdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #78
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
It looks as if Martin and co. have been enjoying their work, and have not taken life seriously enough. That always upsets German businessmen.
If enjoying what you do is wrong....then umm...I don't want to be right

Seriously though, Tony sent SipGate an official letter just under a week ago to the SipGate directors and has yet to receive a reply.

In my personal (and i'm not a lawyer) opinion these comments from SipGate do seem libelous, however we will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for an official response from them.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #79
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

To all Voxalot users that use sipgate:

We are very aware that sipgate are blocking voxalot and have sought to resolve the issue directly with sipgate.

Last week I sent an email off to SIP Gate support asking for the contact details of their Managing Director, Thilo Salmon, in order to, inquire directly with him as to why sipgate was blocking voxalot. In response to this note I received an email from Thilo himself asking us to prove what we are doing, is I quote "not undertaking dubious business practices"

Needless to say, I was not the least bit amused by this response from Thilo and told him so in a letter that I wrote providing them with details about voxalot and our business practices clearly outlining that we are a serious business. This letter was sent out a week ago, last Wednesday the 13th of June. We have yet to receive an official response from Thilo.

I have attached the letter here for the community to read - I have deleted a paragraph from the letter that described our security tools and processes for reasons of security.

As always we will continue to make every effort to work with providers, however if they choose to block voxalot for their own business reasons, I am afraid there is not much we can do. We have good relationships with many providers and I can safely say that there are plenty of alternatives to choose from (see http://www.voxalot.com/action/globalProviderList).

I am sorry if this blockage has caused major issues for the community.

Thank you for your continued support.

Tony.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LettertoSIPGatev1.pdf (31.0 KB, 27 views)
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #80
mgoebel

Default Hopefully this letter changes something

This is a great letter. Hopefully it changes something.

But I guess they are fed up with only serving as inbound number to Voxalot accounts. Who does outbound calls over Sipgate?

For that people use Betamax, especially since now you can use your Sipgate number as Betamax' Caller-ID in many cases.