Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 06-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
tararumpum
Banned

tararumpum is on a distinguished road
Default Configuring SPA3102 and 2xPAP2

Hi,
I have just bought 2 pap2's and one spa3102.

my current scenario is -

pap2 - reside on a different geographical locations using sipgate.co.uk on line1
spa3102 - reside on another location, again using sipgate.co.uk LINE1
and PSTN is using NTL/VirginMedia telephone line. I currently have just this simple dial plan - (x.<:@gw0>|*x.<:@sipbroker.com:5060>).

What I want to acheive using -

pap2 - line1 to have sipgate(configured) and line2(would like) to have voxalot. Can I then internally forward the line from lin1 to line2 and use just one handset? - It's pap2 and not pap2t. any help on a dialplan would be helpful
spa3102 - using the dial plan -
- i would like line1 to dial out all 01 and 02 number in the uk through pstn
line1
- dialout 800 number using the voxalot services
+ any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
tararumpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
tararumpum
Banned

bump..... nobody yet?
Unread 06-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
pap2 - line1 to have sipgate(configured) and line2(would like) to have voxalot. Can I then internally forward the line from lin1 to line2 and use just one handset? - It's pap2 and not pap2t. any help on a dialplan would be helpful
For incoming calls to either VoXalot or SIPGate you can try to do one of the following:
-Use the forwarding feature on the PAP2 to forward all you VoXalot call to your SIPGate SIP URI (only if SIPGate accepts icnomin SIP calls)
-Use forwarding feature on PAP2 to forward all incoming SIPGate calls to VoXalot SIP URI (whether SIPGate supports this or not is also not clear)

-There is no way for you to use a single phone for dialing out via both VoXalot and SIPGate, unless you don't mind manually switching the jack from Line 1 to Line 2...

Quote:
line1

Thanks for your time.
So something along these lines (assuming Line 1 is setup with your VoXalot acct)

(01x.<:@gw0>|02x.<:@gw0>|<*01344:0>8x.|<*:>18[678]x.|[*#x][*x].)

01x.<:@gw0> : When you dial any number 01xxxxxxxxx... it'll go over PSTN (dial # when finished entering number)

02x.<:@gw0> : When you dial any number 02xxxxxxxxx... it'll go over PSTN
(dial # when finished entering number)

<*01344:0>8x. : When you dial 0800xxxxxx... it'll be converted to *013-44-800xxxxx and go over Enum via SipBroker

<*:>18[678]x. : When dialing any 1800|1888|1877 number (US/Canda Toll free) it'll be converted to *1800 and go over SipBroker

[*#x][*x]. : Anything else you may think to dial...will route it over VoXalot

Last edited by emoci; 06-26-2009 at 04:24 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararumpum View Post
pap2 - line1 to have sipgate(configured) and line2(would like) to have voxalot. Can I then internally forward the line from lin1 to line2 and use just one handset?
There is no reason you couldn't put voxalot on the 2nd line of a PAP2. However, with a PAP2 the lines really are tied pretty tightly to the individual jacks.

So no, you can't get away with using both lines of a PAP2 from a single handset (unless that is a 2-line phone/handset, and you plug it into both of the PAP2's jacks).

Now, one thing you could (in theory) do is to just connect to voxalot, and then setup sipgate as a provider in voxalot. Then your voxalot calls would go directly to voxalot, and your sipgate calls would first go to voxalot and then voxalot would forward them to sipgate.

NOTE: I don't know if sipgate allows SIP forwarding or not. If not, you would need to "register" sipgate with voxalot to get incoming calls (from sipgate), and that would require a paid voxalot account to accomplish (because only the paid voxalot accounts allow "registration" with other providers).

Of course, if you did your original plan of sipgate on one line and voxalot on the other, than that could be done with a free voxalot account. However, in that case, you are back to needing either a two line phone or two individual phones.

Quote:
line1
In theory that should be pretty simple to do. However, in practice it is more of a PITA to get the PSTN interconnect working with the SPA3102 than it should be (I should know, as I have that feature working on my SPA-3102).

And you have one serious issue that I didn't have to face, namely that the SPA-3102 generally ships (by default) with regional settings appropriate for interconnect with the electric phone (line) properties of US/Canada phone systems, NOT the UK phone system)! Now that doesn't mean you can't configure the device for UK phone systems (which is necessary, if you are going to follow through on your plan to connect to your UK pstn line, and may also be necessary just to use UK model phones with the thing), but you have to know exactly what you are doing to properly set the (advanced) regional settings first! And naturally there is virtually no official documentation on what settings are needed for which countries. So if you want to proceed, you pretty much will have to look for help in forums (I would recommend Linksys (Sipura) VoIP Support Forum as a good place to get some advanced help on this adapter) and/or google and hope you get lucky. Because without expert advance (and as much as I know about those adapters, configuring them for different country's phone systems is beyond even me), your plan to use your SPA-3102 with a UK phone line is probably dead in the water.

NOTE: If/when you do manage to get your SPA-3102 reliably working with your UK phone line (and the phone handset of your choice), than the extra effort to configure the dial plan for choosing between voxalot and your pstn line is reasonably easy (and something we can help with). But just getting it to work at all with your UK phone line could end up being a real challenge IMHO.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
tararumpum
Banned

Thanks for your help so far.

- followed the instructions by oakley
- setup voxalot on line1 of spa3102 - i can now rec calls on my UK cordless phones

I have the dial plan in Line1 of spa3102. After I made a sample 0800 call to bt to test this I get error - I have attached the error
(01x.<:@gw0>|02x.<:@gw0>|<*01344:0>8x.|<*:>18[678]x.|[*#x][*x].)

I tried call 0121 number i kept getting - We are sorry the number you have called cannot be connected.

This is how my dial plan looks like -

([*#x][*x].|01x.<:@gw0>|02x.<:@gw0>|<*01344:0>8x.|<*:>18[678]x.)

Addition to this -

When I make calls from spa3102, mobile, and landline to PAP2(number1) = works fine with two way audio communication
When I make calls from pap2 to spa3102(number1) = both parties can't hear the audio

Am I doing anything wrong? Have I missed something?
Both the devices are configured as per this -

Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ and
Setting Up SPA3102 - Voxalot FAQ

Thanks for your help

----
I have just added my spa3102 config file with additional dial plan, but this still doesn't work at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (64.7 KB, 4 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip forum.zip (16.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by tararumpum; 06-29-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: attachments
Unread 07-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks for your help so far.

- followed the instructions by oakley
I didn't read that writeup in detail. However, my quick scan of it suggests that it was pretty well done, including the (key to success) advanced "regional" parameters for configuring the SPA3102 to work with BT format phone hardware (that step needed, because the SPA3102 comes pre-configured for US/Canada format phone hardware).

Quote:
When I make calls from spa3102, mobile, and landline to PAP2(number1) = works fine with two way audio communication
When I make calls from pap2 to spa3102(number1) = both parties can't hear the audio
I'm not sure exactly where your voice problems are. However, you might want to try verifying your STUN setup and the router/firewall rules (on all the adapters involved). The reason I say this, is that audio loss is often the result of the voice packets either being mis-routed (bad STUN setup is often the cause) or being blocked by some firewall/router (which often drops the packets, because it incorrectly thinks they are an internet attack).

And naturally these problems are going to be most likely (because it stresses the packet routing the most) if/when you are trying to do a direct "P2P" connection between two adapters (vs just having each adapter "register" with some 3rd party, such as voxalot). For example, I have gotten VoIP to VoIP adapter (direct P2P between the two adapters) calls to work in the past, but ONLY if/when I setup my broadband router to forward all the SIP and RTP (voice packet) ports directly to my VoIP adapter. If I don't do this "port forwarding" (and instead depend "just" on STUN and the call setup to open the needed router ports dynamically), normal (outbound and registered) calls usually work but P2P calls lose audio (just as you are apparently experiencing)!

Again, I don't know if this is your problem, but it is the place I would look, because in my experience some router/firewall/STUN settings work more reliably for VoIP then others. And often when the sound is lost, it is due to a situation where these aren't setup as well as they could be for VoIP.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
tararumpum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
I didn't read that writeup in detail. However, my quick scan of it suggests that it was pretty well done, including the (key to success) advanced "regional" parameters for configuring the SPA3102 to work with BT format phone hardware (that step needed, because the SPA3102 comes pre-configured for US/Canada format phone hardware).

I'm not sure exactly where your voice problems are. However, you might want to try verifying your STUN setup and the router/firewall rules (on all the adapters involved). The reason I say this, is that audio loss is often the result of the voice packets either being mis-routed (bad STUN setup is often the cause) or being blocked by some firewall/router (which often drops the packets, because it incorrectly thinks they are an internet attack).

And naturally these problems are going to be most likely (because it stresses the packet routing the most) if/when you are trying to do a direct "P2P" connection between two adapters (vs just having each adapter "register" with some 3rd party, such as voxalot). For example, I have gotten VoIP to VoIP adapter (direct P2P between the two adapters) calls to work in the past, but ONLY if/when I setup my broadband router to forward all the SIP and RTP (voice packet) ports directly to my VoIP adapter. If I don't do this "port forwarding" (and instead depend "just" on STUN and the call setup to open the needed router ports dynamically), normal (outbound and registered) calls usually work but P2P calls lose audio (just as you are apparently experiencing)!

Again, I don't know if this is your problem, but it is the place I would look, because in my experience some router/firewall/STUN settings work more reliably for VoIP then others. And often when the sound is lost, it is due to a situation where these aren't setup as well as they could be for VoIP.
Hello,
Thanks for your help. But before that I will make changes as per Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ - option1 and option2 or 3. i will let you know tomorrow.
Many thanks,