Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 12-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
bobo

bobo is on a distinguished road
Default Using Voxalot to make conference calls?

I currently offered to do a friend of mine a favor and make a conference call in between her and her sister as it is A LOT cheaper to make the international call using VoIP.

I have been using my laptop to make the call but the problem is the internet keeps dropping out and my laptop doesn't have enough battery. Plus I don't want to sit by laptop to constantly redial when it drops out. Also, the calls are untimed for me and therefore gets quiet annoying when I have to redial only a few moments later.

Therefore, I am wondering if I can use Voxalot to help me make the conference call without my laptop being in the middle. I don't mind paying an account that has this feature.

Does anyone know if voxalot can help me?
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Our new Facebook application VoxCall offers free conferencing. Just install:

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?api_ke...a1223694ac5c63

Have each party use their Voxalot URI on the VoxCall settings tab i.e.

sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com

then each party joins one of the 5 conference rooms.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
bobo

I need this make a conference in between an Israeli landline and an Iranian landline.

Would this work?
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
I need this make a conference in between an Israeli landline and an Iranian landline.

Would this work?
No, VoxCall only works with SIP URI's

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
bobo

So there is no way to use voxalot instead of my laptop to make the call? There is no way of using webcall back for such a call?

I don't need to talk. I just want to connect the two lines together.
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
So there is no way to use voxalot instead of my laptop to make the call? There is no way of using webcall back for such a call?

I don't need to talk. I just want to connect the two lines together.
As long as the participants in the call are only 2, you can use WebCallBack and have both the numbers called.... (you don't have to be one of the ppl in the call). This is pretty much like Jajah, but you pick the Voip Providers to use based on who has the best rates to those destinations....

Once you go beyond 2 participants, and it is PSTN calling (not SIP BASED which could be supported by VoXCall) that's where there is currently no support

Last edited by emoci; 12-04-2007 at 05:04 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

On the PAP2, if you call a number and then press the flash (R) button on your phone, you get another dial tone and can then dial the second number, when they answer, press the flash button again and a 3 way call is then in progress. You can then hang up and the two phones you called will stay in the conversation, you could also stay on and talk with them. It may work on your softphone too, let us know if it does.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

Just thought of another solution to your problem, if you become a premium member as well as the example given by emoci above about using webcallback, you could set up a call forwarding rule to forward all calls from your friend (based on their caller ID) directly to the international number. They would be using your phone number to call their friend whenever they like. If they need to call you they can simply withhold their number (prefix 141 in the UK) or use a different phone.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
jamns

jamns is on a distinguished road

VoXaLot is not just your average VoIP service provider (VSP). VoXaLot is a VSP hub that provides you with an easy and convenient way to manage all of your other VoIP providers from one central location. There are lots of good reasons for you to use VoXaLot:

1. VoXaLot Dial Plans: allow anyone (even people that do not have a sophisticated Analogue Telephone Adapter ATA) to create dial plans that can use multiple VSPs. You can route your calls to different VSPs to take advantage of the lowest cost service provider for each type of call.
2. VoXaLot Web Call Back: allows you to make cheap (say around 20 cents) untimed calls to anywhere in the world without any ATA hardware at all (either party). Therefore anyone can setup an account with a VSP and start using VoIP using their normal telephone - there is no need to buy any hardware.
3. VoXaLot Voice Mail: is provided free for all users.
4. VoXaLot ENUM Routing: Automatically check to see if there is a 'free' way to connect your call using ENUM routing. If there is a free way to do it, VoXaLot will find it. If not, the call will go through your preferred discount VSP. VoXaLot ENUM lookup is completely seamless and transparent to you.
5. VoXaLot SIP Code dialing allows users with a VoIP service to call other VoIP users for free from anywhere around the world using SIP Code dialing.
6. VoXaLot Call Forwarding: allows users to forward inbound SIP calls from other SIP URIs to a URI that is registered to their ATA. Friends can therefore ring your VoXaLot 6 digit number and make your ATA ring.
7. Web based Speed dialing for SIP URI numbers.
8. RTPProxy and NAT support.
jamns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

You could also use GTalk2VoIP for your conference calls. They invoke callbacks through instant messaging and are clients of Sipbroker:
Voice-over-IP gateway for Google Talk, MSN and Yahoo Users
Just use Voxalot as VoIP provider in GTalk2VoIP! By sending the Gtalk2VoIP chatbot an "AddLeg" command you can add more and more people to your conference.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote