Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
sipcpe

sipcpe is on a distinguished road
Default Smart Call List (Dial Plans)

How do I set this these fields so all outbound calls are routed via provider X.

What should be entered in these field "If the number "_______" "____"
Thanks
sipcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

You would do something like:

If number begins with x

However, it is a bit more intuitive (and easier to deal with) if you just click 'Advanced Settings' and fill things out as follows:

Priority*: You can assign this as you wish (it's really only important once you start setting multiple rules)
Pattern*: _xx.
Comment: This is the place to put any notes for yourself
Replacement*: ${EXTEN}
Provider*: Choose your provider
Active*: Yes
Virtual Toll Free Enabled*: No
ENUM Lookup: No ${EXTEN}
Geographic Lookup: No

Save, then test using the the 'Dial Plan Test' field. You simply enter a number as you would dial it, and make sure VoXalot is applying the correct routing...

Last edited by emoci; 09-14-2008 at 08:13 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
sipcpe

Sorry your reply did not answer my question as I could tell.

Again if I want all out bound calls to be routed via one priovider say sipphone then how to fill in the above fields?

Please limit your answer to my simple question.
Unread 09-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Admin
Administrator

Admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
You would do something like:

If number begins with x
emoci did indeed answer your question and additionally also offered a great alternative.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipcpe View Post
Sorry your reply did not answer my question as I could tell.
Actually he did, but you are not yet used to VoXaLot setup.

Let's break it down a little. First you setup your SIPphone account in VoXaLot as a provider. For example, I did this for a relative (so she could use SipPhone "backdoor dialing" via VoXaLot) by creating a new provider named SipPhone (I could have named it anything, as the name is only used for my benefit and in the dialing plans to reference the provider), using my sipphone pseudo-number (the one beginning 1747) as the "Username", and proxy01.sipphone.com as the "Host" (leaving the other provider details defaulted).

Once I had the provider working, I then went into the "Smart Call (Dial Plans) section and made an dial plan entry like Emoci said for you to do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
However, it is a bit more intuitive (and easier to deal with) if you just click 'Advanced Settings' and fill things out as follows:

Priority*: You can assign this as you wish (it's really only important once you start setting multiple rules)
Pattern*: _xx.
Comment: This is the place to put any notes for yourself
Replacement*: ${EXTEN}
Provider*: Choose your provider
Virtual Toll Free Enabled*: No
ENUM Lookup: No ${EXTEN}

Save, then test using the the 'Dial Plan Test' field. You simply enter a number you as you would dial it, and make sure VoXalot is applying the correct routing...
NOTE: Emoci's notes were general, as he didn't know (at the time) that your provider is SipPhone. However, the only thing you need to customize to go to SipPhone, is just pick the provider "SipPhone" (or whatever you called that provider when you set it up) from the drop down box for the "Provider:" field (again assuming you made a new entry and then asked to go into "advanced" options to see what Emoci is showing you.

NOTE: If you want some calls to be dialed "for free" due to ENUM lookup, then change the "ENUM Lookup" field to "Yes". However, since you said you want ALL outgoing calls to go via SipPhone, Emoci recommended you say "No". i.e. if you say "No" to ENUM then that rule (which matches all calls) will always send the calls via your SipPhone account, whereas if you say "Yes" that rule will send calls it finds in ENUM to via the free route that VoXaLot located and send all other calls via your SipPhone account.

NOTE: If/when you have multiple dial plan rules, they are checked from the lowest "Priority" number to the highest. i.e. a priority 1 rule will always be checked before a priority 2 rule, which will be checked before a priority 300 rule, etc. So you usually want your dial rules to go from the most specific to the least specific, when you have multiple rules matching. Since Emoci's rule matches everything, IMHO it should probably be a high number (maybe 900?) so that you can make exceptions to that rule by having more specific patterns match a lower priority rule. In this way you can use multiple rules to choose where specific traffic goes. For example, I have the following rule (ahead of my "catch all" rule) to send 800 number calls via SIP Broker:

Priority*: 100
Pattern*: _1800NXXXXXX
Comment: US 800
Replacement*: *${EXTEN}
Provider*: SIP Broker
Virtual Toll Free Enabled*: Yes
ENUM Lookup: No

i.e. The above rule will match only 11 digit 800 number dialing, and send all such dialing to SIP Broker AFTER putting the *-key in front of the number actually dialed. This routes 1-800-number calls via SIP Broker (I have similar rules for 888, 877, and 866 toll free calls).

Simply put, the dialing plans are a way to say if the number looks like this (you define what "this" is, by your "Pattern"), than send the call here (again, you define where "here" is, by your provider, your "Replacement", as well as things like ENUM). So you have a series of rules that go from the most specific "the number looks like this" to the least specific (if nothing else matches, send the number here). In this way you can customize where your calls go under various conditions.

NOTE: Your VoIP adapter may very well have a "dial plan" as well. For example, virtually all LinkSys model VoIP adapters have this feature. And if so, you have to be sure to customize that "dial plan" to send all calls to VoXaLot, if you want VoXaLot to be able to route all your calls for you!
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
sipcpe

Default _xx

I tried this but the test result says "A call to:27926350 will not get forwarded"

Again all outbound calls should be routed to the provider selected in Provider*

So what does _xx mean? Does it mean * will be inserted in front of any number dialed?
Unread 11-23-2008, 04:46 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipcpe View Post
I tried this but the test result says "A call to:27926350 will not get forwarded"

Again all outbound calls should be routed to the provider selected in Provider*

So what does _xx mean? Does it mean * will be inserted in front of any number dialed?

There is no * involved anywhere in this case I believe, however it should by _xx. the dot at the end is important.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote