Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default How can i call someone else from voxalot to voxalot ?

How can i call someone else from voxalot to voxalot ?

When i am trying to call someone else on voxalot, the call gets disconnected every time after some few seconds. The person answer me and we can talk in 10 to 20 seconds.

I am using a grandstream phone.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezad View Post
How can i call someone else from voxalot to voxalot ?

When i am trying to call someone else on voxalot, the call gets disconnected every time after some few seconds. The person answer me and we can talk in 10 to 20 seconds.

I am using a grandstream phone.
There is an issue in one of your ends where the RTP port is being dropped or ReInvites are getting lost after a while.

Make sure that UPnP, STUN, and any neccessary ports have been opened on both ends. One other thing to check is the status of NAT Symmetric Handling for both of you (toggle on/off on both ends and see if a specific configuration resolves the issue).

One quick thing to try is to call via SipBroker as *010-123456 (where 123456 is the other VoXalot user) and see if that helps...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

This looks very much like my old problem, i had with voxalot, switching the adsl modem for another one, helped it for me, i'm using a sitecom modem now, also have a different ADSL(2+) provider
I did search all settings, but never found, what it could be, these could be routing problems ? or even IP "features" of certain chip sets ?

Btw. the Grandstream phone isn't the problem, i've also one connected here, and it worked o.k. when i made the modem switch...

Last edited by TheFug; 12-01-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: remark..
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote