Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-15-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
vxvl

vxvl is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot make outging calls anymore

I have Voxalot registered on my ATA and can receive incoming calls.
I used to be able to make outgoing call using my VSP list and dial plans and speed dials with Voxalot but now all I get is "your number cannot be connected, please try again" and with speed dial I get the number busy or number unobtainable tone.
vxvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxvl View Post
I have Voxalot registered on my ATA and can receive incoming calls.
I used to be able to make outgoing call using my VSP list and dial plans and speed dials with Voxalot but now all I get is "your number cannot be connected, please try again" and with speed dial I get the number busy or number unobtainable tone.
I just had that happen 30 minutes ago. Reboot your ATA, and maybe click edit and save on a few of the dial rules...it started working again
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
vxvl

I have tried all these things and more. The problem has persisted for some time. As I understand I should still be able to use these features on the free Basic Plan. Before the recent changes with the introduction of premium services, all things were OK.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have tried all these things and more. The problem has persisted for some time. As I understand I should still be able to use these features on the free Basic Plan. Before the recent changes with the introduction of premium services, all things were OK.
I don't dispute your claim here however I can assure you the core telephony engine did not change when we implemented premium.

The only thing I can think of is that the providers you are using *require* registration to make calls. That might explain the co-incidence.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Well:

What providers are you using?

Under Smart Call, use the Test tool to run some numbers and see if at least the logic is being handled correctly about which provider handles which call...?

Except Call Forwarding, SIP Registration along with Virtual Toll Free and WebCallback, everything else is fully functional on VoXBasic Accounts
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #6
vxvl

I tried with the providers as follows:
Voipdiscount
Pennytel
Sipme
Neither of these require registration as I can use them to make outgoing calls using the gateways of my Linksys SPA3102 and they all worked previously through the primary Voxalot registration but now I cannot.
I can do the echo test which works fine.
Proxy is: au.voxalot.com
Dial plan for an Australian mobile test returns: sip:61414XXXXXX@sip.pennytel.com

Last edited by vxvl; 08-15-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
I tried with the providers as follows:
Voipdiscount
Pennytel
Sipme
Neither of these require registration as I can use them to make outgoing calls using the gateways of my Linksys SPA3102 and they all worked previously through the primary Voxalot registration but now I cannot.
I can do the echo test which works fine.
Proxy is: au.voxalot.com
Dial plan for an Australian mobile test returns: sip:61414XXXXXX@sip.pennytel.com
Ok next:

-What does your dial plan look like in your ATA (you may need to add a **x. to allow calls for speed dial)?

-Is that the correct way to dial an Australian number 61 14xx-xxxx using PennyTel (that's in the Country Code-Number format right, it doesn't need a 00 in front or anything?)

-Did you have these providers registered before (I know they don't need registration) but make sure that the register field has been set to No, or better yet, remove them completely (make a note of user, pass, proxy, codecs etc), give them 30 min to an hour rest, then re-add them. Set Active to Yes, register to No, and only set Optimize to Yes if Symmetric NAT on the homepage is set to NO (for starters I would say leave Symmetric NAT to yes on the Homepage, and Optimize to NO when adding a provider).

I would reccomend setting your codecs like this (or at least erase g723 from your list): ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

-If you don't mind, post your DIAL Plan rules you have set up in VoXalot (although running the TEST tool against the Dial rules you have set up should tell you which one is being used)

-Oh, can you call other VoXalot accounts?

See, especially since echo works there is one these problems:

1. The dial plan on your ATA is not allowing a number to be dialed,or is modifying a number such that it does not match up with VoXalot Dial Plans.

2. One or many of your VoXalot providers may require a prefix like 00 when dialing, or may require a different calling format (use the gateways you have set up in your SPA to confirm what works what doesn't, but also pay attention to any dial plans that apply to those gateways from the SPA)

3. There is a codec negotiation issue between VoXalot and the provider that's suppesed to handle the call?

4. If you had them registered before, after the reset that was done from VoXalot, the other end may be holding on to the registration (I am really just taking a wild guess here, but worth a try removing them, wait, and re-add)?

Unfortunately this is gonna be trial and error until you hit what is causing the problem?
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #8
vxvl

Thanks for your time and effort.

My ATA dial plan is as follows:

(*xx.|**x.|<59,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<51,:00>xx.<:@gw1>|<52 ,:>xx.<:@gw2>|<53,:>xx.<:@gw3>|<54,:>xx.<:@gw4>|00 0|04xxxxxxxx|<:61>1[38]00xxxxxx|<:61>13[1-9]xxx|0[2-9]xxxxxxxx|00x.|<:612>[1-9]xxxxxxx|xxx.)*

Pennytel is my most used provider and does not require the 00, just country code onwards and for mobiles it will accept 04XX XXX XXX. I have tried both.

I had changed the registration of my Pennytel account to be with Mysipswitch for receiving calls on my DID (works fine) and I used Voxalot registered with my ATA but as I said I can make calls - using 5X prefixes with the gateway function of my ATA and get no problems. This means that the VSPs I use don't require any registration doesn't it? Voxalot should be able to do the same thing as my ATA gateway function to make the call successfully so it would appear that it is a Voxalot issue. The example test for Pennytel gave sip:61414XXXXXX@sip.pennytel.com which is right for Pennytel. For Voipdiscount you need 00 and I have accommodated this.

The speed dial is accommodated for in the plan with **x and worked previously. Also Voxalot's speed dial has the numbers to dial as required by each VSP e.g., Voipdiscount needs the 00 and the rest eg, 61 2 XXXX XXXX. These also worked previously but now I get the busy tone for each and every one of my different speed dials using different VSPs.

I know this is peculiar because it was working fine before and I think I know what I'm doing but I must be missing something or there is a problem peculiar to my Voxalot account.
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #9
emoci

It seems:

You dial 04xx xxx xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 04xx xxx xxx

You dial 1300 xxx xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 61 1300 xxx xxx
You dial 1800 xxx xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 61 1800 xxx xxx

You dial 131 xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 61 131 xxx
You dial 139 xxx, ATA sends to VoXlaot 61 139 xxx

You dial 02xx xxx xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 02xx xxx xxx
You dial 09xx xxx xxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 09xx xxx xxx

You dial 1xxx xxxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 612 1xxx xxxx
You dial 9xxx xxxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 612 9xxx xxxx

You dial 001 xxx xxx xxxx, ATA sends to VoXalot 001 xxx xxx xxxx

If you dial 61 414 XXX XXX it should send VoXalot 61 414 XXX XXX
Unless it is getting confused and sending 612 6141 4xxx

Ok, now take all those patterns that are supposed to be sent to VoXalot and test them against your VoXalot Dial Plan (you are gonna wanna fill the x-es)

Another helpful thing, my PAP2 for example shows last dialed call, and gives the number string exactly as it sends it out after all the manipulations by the dial plan. Any chance your ATA gives you that info, cause it would help to analyze what VoXalot is actually receiving from your ATA and how it is processing that.

I would also suggest trying this for test purposes:
(*xx.|**x.|<59,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<51,:00>xx.<:@gw1>|<52 ,:>xx.<:@gw2>|<53,:>xx.<:@gw3>|<54,:>xx.<:@gw4>|00 0|00x.|xxx.)

Then dial the number in the full format PennyTel expects, and see if it works.

BTW, the * at the end of the plan, after the bracket, is it a typo or is there some reason to it.

To try and answer your question, registration should be the issue in this case...

If all fails, get another VoXalot acocunt and see if it is account specific...

That remove and add procedure I suggested, where you completely erase, let rest and readd each provider may help too..

Quote:
Thanks for your time and effort.

My ATA dial plan is as follows:

(*xx.|**x.|<59,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<51,:00>xx.<:@gw1>|<52 ,:>xx.<:@gw2>|<53,:>xx.<:@gw3>|<54,:>xx.<:@gw4>|00 0|04xxxxxxxx|<:61>1[38]00xxxxxx|<:61>13[1-9]xxx|0[2-9]xxxxxxxx|00x.|<:612>[1-9]xxxxxxx|xxx.)*

Pennytel is my most used provider and does not require the 00, just country code onwards and for mobiles it will accept 04XX XXX XXX. I have tried both.

I had changed the registration of my Pennytel account to be with Mysipswitch for receiving calls on my DID (works fine) and I used Voxalot registered with my ATA but as I said I can make calls - using 5X prefixes with the gateway function of my ATA and get no problems. This means that the VSPs I use don't require any registration doesn't it? Voxalot should be able to do the same thing as my ATA gateway function to make the call successfully so it would appear that it is a Voxalot issue. The example test for Pennytel gave sip:61414XXXXXX@sip.pennytel.com which is right for Pennytel. For Voipdiscount you need 00 and I have accommodated this.

The speed dial is accommodated for in the plan with **x and worked previously. Also Voxalot's speed dial has the numbers to dial as required by each VSP e.g., Voipdiscount needs the 00 and the rest eg, 61 2 XXXX XXXX. These also worked previously but now I get the busy tone for each and every one of my different speed dials using different VSPs.

I know this is peculiar because it was working fine before and I think I know what I'm doing but I must be missing something or there is a problem peculiar to my Voxalot account.
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
vxvl

The * at end is a typo. When I copy and paste the dial plan this character appears in notepad as an upside down question mark and as an * in this forum space.
My ATA has the feature of the last number called and is showing the correct format being sent to Voxalot.
I tried a different account and added a provider but got exactly the same problem with outgoing calls and speed dial.
Echo test works fine.
As for the issue of registration holding on - not so as I can check where the registration is with the diagnostic feature on the Pennytel website. Also I can make all calls through the four gateway accounts set up on my ATA.
It's a pity Voxalot does not have some diagnostic features to enable the debugging of this problem.

After days of frustration I finally cracked it.
In my SPA3102 User 1 tab there is a Block CID Setting:no
Somehow this got changed to yes and when I set this back to no all began to work fine.
Relief at last.

Last edited by vxvl; 08-18-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Solution found