Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Benjamin

Benjamin is on a distinguished road
Default Does Vonage Softphone work with Voxalot

Does anyone know if a Vonage softphone account can be registered with Voxalot? I have been trying for days to get my new Linksys WIP300 phone to work with my Vonage softphone account and was only able to get as far as receiving inbound calls (not outbound) Vonage was certainly no help and Linksys said they had no idea how to configure the Vonage SIP settings.

In the end, I gave up and am trying Voxalot in hopes that they can properly register with Vonage. I purchased a premium plan with Voxalot and setup Vonage as the provvider. I registered the softphone account using the softphone # as my Vonage user account, sphone.vopr.vonage.net as the proxy and 5061 as the port. Active was set to "YES" and SIP registration is "YES". It's been a while now and all I see is that the registration request has been sent to Vonage.

MY SIP phone properly registers with Voxalot but when I call my vonage software phone # from a landline, all I get is that the service is unavailable and I cannot make outgoing calls from my SIP phone.

Any help would be appreciated !!!
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Portalresources

Portalresources is on a distinguished road
Default Works for me..

Works for me -> Exactly as you specified your softphone info and the sphone.vopr.vonage.net. 5061 and register. Exactly.

One other piece of advice would be to make sure you don't already have a softphone registered with 5061 & vonage. I had this issue when trying to register my second sipphone line. Once I got out of all software running elsewhere - then toggled the register to no - save then right back to yes and save -- after about 20 minutes it registered thru voxalot. Found after, I started my softphone and everything works.

Good luck.
Voxalot is the best solution so far for me.
Portalresources is offline   Reply With Quote