Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-18-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Bigdog

Bigdog is on a distinguished road
Default Noob needs help SIP forwarding

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could help me out:

I have an IPKall number, I have a sip account with minutes on it through "fonosip.com" and I have xlite3 running on a mac.

I can make outgoing calls with no problem at all. The issue arises when people try to call me-it says the number is not in service. So, I did some searching and was told to get an account at Voxalot.

So, I got a new IPKall number using my voxalot sip #. What Im hoping to be able to do is use fonosip for outgoing calls using my ipkall number and hopefully route voxalot to accept my incoming calls and also do my voicemailing. I currently have just a basic account with voxalot... will I need to upgrade it to perform these forwarding functions? Will voxalot let me use fonosip? Xlite 3 only lets me have one SIP account for my softphone so that could pose a probelm.

I just want my softphone to accept incoming calls, take voicemails and be able to make outgoing calls... it shouldn't be this difficult should it? Please help a noob out and I'll definitely take the easy way out.

So in short, is all this stuff I want to do possible and if so, how do I do it? I truly know nothing so please be as detailed as possible. How do I connect fonosip to ipkall and voxalot to get the phone working like well... a normal phone?

Bob
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Hey Bigdog,

Yes, this is definitely something you can do -- Voxalot does this and much more...

You've already got a voxalot account setup, correct?

Setup your IPKALL # to go to this voxalot account

Setup your softphone to login to voxalot
Softphone Configuration Settings - Voxalot FAQ

Setup fonosip as a Voice Service Provider
Configuring Provider Settings - Voxalot FAQ

That should be it, unless I'm forgetting something... If all you want to do is use Voxalot as incoming from IPKALL and outgoing for fonosip, you will be fine with a Basic account (it also includes voicemail)

Good luck... Write back if you have any problems...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote