Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
andrerio

andrerio is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to andrerio Send a message via MSN to andrerio
Thumbs down Incoming calls with Busy Signal

Hi all,

I am having a problem. I don't know exactly whats going on and that's why I am here.

I have a Grandstream HT386 with 2 FX ports. Line 1 configure with VONO and line 2 with VOXALOT.

On my VOXALOT account I have IPKALL, FWD and NETELIP providers.

When someone call me on my NETELIP account they get a busy signal but when I place a call through VOXALOT using NETELIP it works fine. So outbound calls work but inbound calls get busy signal.

You guys have any idea what its going on??

Thanks in advance.
andrerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
wishfull

wishfull is on a distinguished road

I'm not hijacking your thread but instead saying I feel your pain you are not alone.
I'm having the same problem when receiving call from PSTN gateway. I'm with SIPPHONE and SIP to SIP call work fine. Please help.
wishfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
andrerio

Yeahh.. And I made the mistake to upgrade my account to PREMIUM !!! If I knew the service was going to be like this I would not upgrade my account!
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
blackrider

blackrider is on a distinguished road

I am also next in line.same problem here configured with fritzbox7050.no incoming calls and i`m also premium member.
blackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Guys,

You need to make sure you are setup properly to receive inbounds. The first thing to do is call one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and at the voice prompt dial:

*010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Voxalot number

If the phone does not ring then you have problems with your setup. I'm not familiar with NETELIP so if anyone else in the community has had success with this provider please post here.

Thanks.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
andrerio

it seems like the problem is not only with NETELIP but with many if not all providers... before I could not recieve call but could make calls. Right now I can't receive nor make any calls. I get busy signal with inbound and outbound calls. And I am very piss off with Voxalot. I dipply regret to have upgrade my account.

I had my ATA configured with VOXALOT and working fine a week ago. I changed my ATA device and left the Voxalot settings untouched. The only thing I did was change my ATA and have it registered with VOXALOT. Now nothing works. Go figure!!

ANy solutions?
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the service and everything is running just fine.

I suggest you take a closer look at your settings and even consider a factory reset.

The best thing to do is get the basic working:

1. Dial *600 and get a working echo test
2. Dial one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and at the voice prompt dial *010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is *your* Voxalot number

Once these 2 aspects are working then you are in a position to started adding providers, dial plans and call forwarding records.

Unread 09-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
andrerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
1. Dial *600 and get a working echo test
2. Dial one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and at the voice prompt dial *010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is *your* Voxalot number
Test 1 works fine
Test 2 I get busy signal (Why?)
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #9
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrerio View Post
Test 2 I get busy signal (Why?)
Ok this is definitely a NAT related issue with your device. You need to look at the NAT settings and/or firewall rules and get this particular test working before you can receive inbound calls.

Unread 09-26-2007, 02:47 AM   #10
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Here are a few things that will help:

-If you can, factory reset your ATA (if this will not cause it to become locked which is the case for some former Vonage Devices)
-If you can't factory reset, power cycle (turn off, wait a min, plug back in)

-On your VoXalot page, remove any registered providers, DIAL Plans, and Forwarding Rules you may have (if this will be a lot of work after to restore, open a new VoXBasic Account just for testing purposes, the whole idea is to have a clean slate)
-Ensure you have not made any changes lately to Symmetric NAT handling (the setting on the VoXalot main page when you log in)
-Follow this Guide in terms of setting up your ATA http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen....html#post5813

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.org has been working for me)
-If you are behing a router that has UPnP, make sure it's active
-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500

For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

-If your router has DMZ, try at first disabling it completely. However if you get through this suggestions and still aren't having any luck this worked for someone:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Thanks a lot!

The problem was that the router was blocking.
I configured the sipura with static ip and specified that ip on the DMZ of the router.

-If you can check the router log, see if it is blocking any traffic

Once you are done setting up your ATA, STUN, DIAL PLAN (copy the one you have right now if it has worked in the past), UPnP and/or DMZ and/or Port Range forwarding in your router (making sure to use a fresh VoXalot account) try the following:

-Try Calling *600, do you reach the Echo Test?
-Call one of the SIPBroker Access Numbers SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers (do this from a regular phone, not your ATA) and then enter *010123456 (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number). Do you receive the call?
-Enter your VoXalot SIP URI (123456@voxalot.com) here and see if the ECHO Test call comes in: SIPBroker - EziDial
-Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com

If you manage to get it all working up to this point, start adding providers one by one (or switch the login to your PREMIUM if you used a new VoXBasic Account for testing).

Last edited by emoci; 09-26-2007 at 02:59 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote