Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
jantielens

jantielens is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Group ring/multiple forwarders

Hi,

I recently got a Premium Voxalot account. Besides the FUP exceeded issue with Voipdiscount (hey, it's still cheap), it works great! (I'm using multiple providers, some dial rules, logging etc).

Now I'm playing around with Call Forwarding: is it possible to forward a call to multiple accounts? (the first one to pick up would get the call) The idea is to have functionality like a group ring or something like that.

Thanks!
Jan
jantielens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantielens View Post
Hi,

I recently got a Premium Voxalot account. Besides the FUP exceeded issue with Voipdiscount (hey, it's still cheap), it works great! (I'm using multiple providers, some dial rules, logging etc).

Now I'm playing around with Call Forwarding: is it possible to forward a call to multiple accounts? (the first one to pick up would get the call) The idea is to have functionality like a group ring or something like that.

Thanks!
Jan
There is no possibility to forward to multiple destinations directly...
-One run-around is to register all destinations to the same VoXalot acct...in which case when a call comes in they'll all ring
-Possibility number 2 is to setup the group calling using SipSorcery and have VoXalot forward to one SipSorcery URI which in turn calls multiple destinations...
-If you're looking for something more polished (it's cheap but not free) checkout Voip.ms instead of SipSorcery...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
jantielens

jantielens is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know you could use the same account with multiple devices. I always assumed only one could be registered to receive the incoming calls. This works great!

Once again thanks!
Jan
jantielens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Hi there... I'm really surprised to read this! I also thought that only one device could be registered on one account at a time.
It's a really interesting feature... But does it respect SIP standard, or is it a facility offered by Voxalot by adding more than the standard?

Tomorrow I'll test, but I think this won't work in my situation (modem-router with SIP ALG + internal phone + internal softphone, all on same port 5060). I'll post info if it works anyway... it may help many users I think!

Thanks a lot for info!
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #5
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

For interested people: According to my tests, it should work when really in different places (different public IP) or behind a normal router (without SIP ALG) if each phone listens on a different port.

In my current situation I cannot test more but, nevertheless, I managed to make ring both phones. There was just no sound, but this is certainly due to SIP ALG feature "confused" for audio channels.

Thanks again to emoci for this valuable information...
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by padboll View Post
For interested people: According to my tests, it should work when really in different places (different public IP) or behind a normal router (without SIP ALG) if each phone listens on a different port.

In my current situation I cannot test more but, nevertheless, I managed to make ring both phones. There was just no sound, but this is certainly due to SIP ALG feature "confused" for audio channels.

Thanks again to emoci for this valuable information...
The layer of VoXalot dealing with user registration relies on OpenSer rather than Asterisk (as far as I remember) hence this feature...

Behind the same IP/network ... things have always been confusing though... one possibility (it may help) is to use different ports (eg 5060 on one device and 4060 on the next ... see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-tip...oxy-ports.html) and split the range of RTP ports available to both devices so they do not overlap....

For anyone testing at the moment though....
-The US server seems to be having an issue (as far as I am aware so far changes within your VoXalot acct. do not seem to take effect there).
-There is a partial problem for some users with the AU server as per Craig's post a while back

So the safest server to test with at the moment is the EU server...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forwarding