Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road
Default Registering status Request Sent

For testing purposes I deleted budgetphone as VSP from my account. After setting it up again (just as it was before) The status keeps on Request Sent.

First calls were coming through though, but now it stopped working completly.

I allready mailed the issue to support and info at voxalot.com, but no reaction yet.

Can somebody look into this or give me hint on what to do now?

Edit: now calls are redirected to voicemail imediately. Driving me nuts!

Edit2: Deleted budgetphone and still calls are coming in to the voicemail. What is happening here???!!!

Last edited by g00fy; 01-15-2009 at 02:29 PM.
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
For testing purposes I deleted budgetphone as VSP from my account. After setting it up again (just as it was before) The status keeps on Request Sent.

First calls were coming through though, but now it stopped working completly.

I allready mailed the issue to support and info at voxalot.com, but no reaction yet.

Can somebody look into this or give me hint on what to do now?

Edit: now calls are redirected to voicemail imediately. Driving me nuts!

Edit2: Deleted budgetphone and still calls are coming in to the voicemail. What is happening here???!!!

1. Request Sent usually means either user/pass or proxy are incorrect
2. Sometimes 'Request Sent' can also be a glitch depending on how the BudgetPhone servers respond
3. It appears that BudgetPhone is registering with VoXalot (if it is hitting your VoiceMail here at VoXalot)

My Suggestion:
-If you can, change your BudgetPhone password (this will cause any remnant registrations that the server may be holding on, to fail)
-Next check that you can receive incoming calls directly to VoXalot, by calling a SipBroker number then entering *010<Your 6 digit VoXalot Number>
-If everything goes well up to this point, retry registering BudgetPhone, making sure that you're entering the correct details...

Sidenote: Trying to understand why it was hitting VM before, any chance you have active Call Forwarding rules?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
g00fy

Thanks for thinking with me, emoci!

User/Pass is correct, I checked many times and my ata connects with it within a split second. I deleted the VSP entry two hours ago, hoping it would time-out, but now, when I set it up again the status Request Sent is there immediately, not pending first, as it was before. At this moment the calls don't get to the voicemail. I don't understand why it sometimes do, it is very unstable.

I called budgetphone and they saw a connection and told me to wait untill it should expire. Otherwise the problem must be at Voxalot's end, they say.

As I see it, the connection sort of hangs on the Voxalot server. I would be pleased if this can be soved soon, because now I can not do anything with my account.

O, and I don't have Call FOrwarding Rules active and the same setup has worked for days...
Unread 01-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks for thinking with me, emoci!

User/Pass is correct, I checked many times and my ata connects with it within a split second. I deleted the VSP entry two hours ago, hoping it would time-out, but now, when I set it up again the status Request Sent is there immediately, not pending first, as it was before. At this moment the calls don't get to the voicemail. I don't understand why it sometimes do, it is very unstable.

I called budgetphone and they saw a connection and told me to wait untill it should expire. Otherwise the problem must be at Voxalot's end, they say.

As I see it, the connection sort of hangs on the Voxalot server. I would be pleased if this can be soved soon, because now I can not do anything with my account.

O, and I don't have Call FOrwarding Rules active and the same setup has worked for days...

I suspected as much in regards to the first part....

Change your BudgetPhone password.... it'll cause the server to let go immediately since the BudgetPhone server will not authorize it...
Unread 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
g00fy

I don't understand it, but now, after a few minutes waiting, calls go immediately to the voicemail again..

I cannot change my Budgetphone password myself, so I have to call them. Don't now if they are there now, because it's evening here allready.
Would be the best option if Voxalot should just reset the hanging connection, I think. But maybe I am thinking to simple...
Unread 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
g00fy

I am pretty sure now it's a problem at Voxalot's end. When I setup te connection again, but don't set Register to yes, still the status says 'Request sent'. When I try with another username status is a dash.

I asked budgetphone to change my password, but didn't get an answer yet.

Now I ask myself what sort of support we can expect from Voxalot's end. I sent an email about this on 13:06 (now it's 20:30) and didn't get any respons. Also, the problem persists and I can not do anything about it.

Last edited by g00fy; 01-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
I am pretty sure now it's a problem at Voxalot's end. When I setup te connection again, but don't set Register to yes, still the status says 'Request sent'. When I try with another username status is a dash.

I asked budgetphone to change my password, but didn't get an answer yet.

Now I ask myself what sort of support we can expect from Voxalot's end. I sent an email about this on 13:06 (now it's 20:30) and didn't get any respons. Also, the problem persists and I can not do anything about it.
Unfortunately this registration hanging can sometimes occur ...

BTW, all VoXalot support is through this forum rather than via email... I would suggest that you post your account number such that if one of the Admins is around, they can reset the BudgetPhone registration
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
g00fy

Thanks emoci!

I can imagine something goes wrong sometimes, but when it does, I would apreciate it when some action will be taken to correct things. At the moment (almost 20 hours after I sent my first message about it) the situation is the same. Still Request sent. This is a paid service and I would like to make use of it, now I can't. So again, I would like it when someone who have the possibility, will take a look into this and solve the problem!

I don't like it to post my accountnumber in a public forum. I think admins can get it as I registered my forum-id in my account.

By the way, at which times are admins active in this forum. What timeframe can we expect when problems arise?
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
g00fy

Budgetphone blocked my account, which should have the same result as changing the password (because it can not autorize). Unfortunately the status keeps 'Request Sent'.

Another 3 hours are past... I am getting very disapointed over this. As this forum is the only place to get support, but nobody at Voxalot's end reacts, how can this problem be solved in a reasonable time?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE FROM VOXALOT HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by g00fy; 01-16-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking with you... :)

I don't know for sure what are causing your problem, but maybe you are being the result of a «commercial war». And, if that is the truth, maybe the problem is in the Budgetphone side, not on Voxalot side. Despite everything said by their assistance personal, sometimes this is the case. I've already seen something like that, where the assistance personal don't really know the truth about the blocking putted on the system and who doesn't understands nothing but the 'bible' showed to them in the training course. This is what happens here in Portugal...
What you can do? Maybe some experiments. One of them is changing the server being used. I think you are using the EU Server, which is staying in an European cluster that are making some upgrades until beginning of next February. Another problem is with internet routes interconnecting operators, which are sometimes a mess. So, you can try using the US or AU Servers to test if something changes. For that, you should unregister all of your registered providers before changing the preferred server in the members details page, registering them again after that.
If you can register any other voip provider but Budgetphone, is not very likely you are experiencing a Voxalot problem, but something between. For example, I can dial a Voipbuster contact (through sip uri) if I make a direct dial from my IP Phone registered at Voxalot, but I can not do the same if the dialling process pass through Voxalot, despite the case I can dial through Voxalot a sip uri (already tested). So, I think Voipbuster is blocking calls, at least calls coming from some IP addresses, but no one in Voipbuster will ever respond to that saying that «Yes, we are really blocking that IP address because commercially we are not interested that calls goes through Voxalot». Why? Because in that case is possible to bypass their proxy don't giving them the profit they would like to have.
If you want a Commercial paid and supported service, maybe Voxalot is not the best. Voxalot is an excellent service, but is a technical one. If you get a commercial support, then you should do only what the service is giving to you in a closed format. Of course, you will not get the most of it. And sometime you will pay for something that is overpriced, but that's life.
Regards.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote