Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

View Poll Results: Accept calls from SIPBroker members should be an obligation for SIPBroker use.
I agree! 6 66.67%
I'm against this! 3 33.33%
I have own point of view for use SIPBroker exchange 0 0%
I agree, but my own policy don't allow do this 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
necto

necto is on a distinguished road
Default Accept incoming calls from SIPBroker. This should be the Rule to use SIPBroker

I see lot of providers did not active for accepting calls to their network.
We believe that accept calls from over SIPBroker should be the Policy for anyone who use SIPBroker exchange.

We think if provider agreed to use SIPBroker for outgoing calls then it should accept calls coming from SIPBroker community too.

Last edited by necto; 08-12-2007 at 06:50 PM.
necto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by necto View Post
We thing if provider agreed to use SIPBroker for outgoing calls then it should accept calls coming from SIPBroker community too.
I see your point. However, it's a "glass 1/2 full" vs "glass 1/2 empty" issue.

While the ideal is connection both directions, isn't it still better for the customers of these companies to at least be able to make VoIP to VoIP calls (i.e. use SIP Broker), than to have no access at all? So really all that is being done by cutting off providers from using SIP Broker for outbound (when they don't also add inbound service), would be to hurt the individuals using the service. And that just lowers overall connectivity, whereas SIP Broker's goal is to improve connectivity.

And remember, SIP Broker already lists the SIP Codes that are down/blocked. So individuals can already tell (if they choose to look) that a particular provider isn't accepting inbound calls. So there already is a way for anyone interested to tell that a given VoIP provider isn't "playing nice" with the rest of the community (and if they like, they are free to consider that info when making their purchasing decisions). And at some point in the future, we will also be removing (and eventually reusing for other providers) the SIP codes from providers that continually block inbound calls (because if the provider isn't allowing inbound anyway, what benefit is that SIP code providing the community?).

So even though I can see the desire to "punish" VoIP providers that don't allow inbounds, IMHO cutting off SIP Broker outbounds will really punish the individual VoIP users much more than it will punish the service provider. That's why I think things are better the way they currently are. After all, individual customers are still free to look at our list of providers, and (if inbound SIP Broker calling is important to them) avoid the providers that don't allow inbound SIP Broker calls. But at the same time we don't "punish" individual VoIP users (by cutting off SIP Broker outbound service), simply because some company chooses to block inbound service...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
necto

necto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
I see your point. However, it's a "glass 1/2 full" vs "glass 1/2 empty" issue.
Maybe it is, but first of all, we vote for free VoIP worldwide.
As we see this, just few VoIP operators use SIPBroker to solve own commercial interests and win new customers just using SIPBroker exchange. But it is a game at one side.
Quote:
While the ideal is connection both directions, isn't it still better for the customers of these companies to at least be able to make VoIP to VoIP calls (i.e. use SIP Broker), than to have no access at all? So really all that is being done by cutting off providers from using SIP Broker for outbound (when they don't also add inbound service), would be to hurt the individuals using the service. And that just lowers overall connectivity, whereas SIP Broker's goal is to improve connectivity.
Bit strange use SIPBroker to call to Providers that do not accept calls from SIPBroker. We are fully agree about individuals. Absolutely.
But we discuss about Providers that using SIPBroker deny inboind calls from SIPBroker now. Their customers do not know about SIPBroker and still use your service as Provider's own. We talk about Provider's responsibility.

[quote=DracoFelis;11591] And remember, SIP Broker already lists the SIP Codes that are down/blocked. So individuals can already tell (if they choose to look) that a particular provider isn't accepting inbound calls. So there already is a way for anyone interested to tell that a given VoIP provider isn't "playing nice" with the rest of the community (and if they like, they are free to consider that info when making their purchasing decisions). And at some point in the future, we will also be removing (and eventually reusing for other providers) the SIP codes from providers that continually block inbound calls (because if the provider isn't allowing inbound anyway, what benefit is that SIP code providing the community?). [/QOUTE]

We see the statement list of registered persons.
Here we see three points:
1) Will be not better to separate this list for three: Individuals, Organisations and Providers?
2) If Provider do not accept incoming calls we believe it should be removed from the List - so you have correct List, at leat we will see better whom we can call only.
3) Providers that do not active more then limited time should be removed
I think all active SIPBroker users will agree that. And SIPBroker will improve his service quality

Quote:
So even though I can see the desire to "punish" VoIP providers that don't allow inbounds, IMHO cutting off SIP Broker outbounds will really punish the individual VoIP users much more than it will punish the service provider. That's why I think things are better the way they currently are. After all, individual customers are still free to look at our list of providers, and (if inbound SIP Broker calling is important to them) avoid the providers that don't allow inbound SIP Broker calls. But at the same time we don't "punish" individual VoIP users (by cutting off SIP Broker outbound service), simply because some company chooses to block inbound service...
We do not ask you to "punish" exist providers, but in name of you users (and that we see correct) you may contact Providers to ask him to open ports for incoming calls.
Otherwise SIPBroker is not open exchange and access platform.

This is our point of view only and of course other SIPBroker users may have other one. We will respect them.
necto is offline   Reply With Quote