Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
ilvox

ilvox is on a distinguished road
Default One way audio for the past two days

Hi, i'm using voxalot on my linksys PAP2 adapter with IPKall forwarding to my voxalot. For the past two days, i am unable to hear any audio on incoming calls, neither can i hear audio when i dial out a number. However the calling party is able to hear me scream hello!. I use us.voxalot.com . How do i rectify this problem? Please Help!

Thanks
ilvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
ilvox

ilvox is on a distinguished road

hello, somebody pls help me..Here is the exact nature of the problem. I'm quite new to this voip so not sure how to fix it.

I have voxalot set up on my linksys pap2 with us.voxalot.com server. If i directly dial out from here, or if someone directly calls my sip URI, then the audio is two way and both parties can hear each other. However i have a IPKall number that forwards call to my voxalot account and when someone calls me on that number, (or another gizmo number that also forwards to my voxalot), then I cannot hear anything at all. However, they are able to hear me. Please help me. I rely a lot on this service and would definitely appreciate a resolution or a reason as to why this could be happening. It has been working perfectly until about 3 days ago. Pls let me know.

Thank you so much in advance
ilvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Possible solutions

Issues reported on these posts are probably NAT/Firewall problems. The exact solution depends of some unknown factors such as modem/router configurations, but there are several things that can be tested if you have the necessary technical skills:

1. You can put the IP Phone/ATA on the DMZ (this is a modem/router configuration option). Some says that problems can arise on the intranet side (your private network) with such configuration, but it depends on what you use and your technical skills (I personally have used this kind of configuration with no problems with one IP Phone and two computers running exclusively Linux OS). Never the less, this is something you can try to see if it works. If so, then the problem is really from your side (your modem/router NAT/firewall). You should also configure the IP Phone/ATA passwords to user and admin users so no one can easily change your phone configuration from the internet side.

2. Using an Voxalot Premium account you register your VSP with Voxalot. Set the 'Symmetric NAT Handling' to 'Yes' on the member details page and set to 'No' the 'Optimize Audio Path' option on your Voice Service Provider configuration. With this kind of configuration it should work. In this case you don't redirect your provider to sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com!

3. More difficult but possible: try to disable the router firewall (some routers have NAT+Firewall) and forward IP Ports assigned on your IP Phone/ATA configuration to the RTP stream. Also you could set the 'Symmetric RTP' option to 'Yes' on the Linksys IP Phone/ATA. This kind of configuration can (and it should) work, but I think is the more difficult one to implement if you are not technically skilled.

If you can understand these suggestions and have the necessary skills to implement them, then you may resolve the one-way audio problem.

Regards,

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 03-19-2009 at 10:21 PM.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote