Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road
Default Call connection rules have stopped working

Can anyone tell me why my carefully constructed call connection (forwarding) rules stopped working today (May 4)? They were working fine yesterday.

I can't even get a rule to work if I specify that all calls and all providers be forewarded to a specific phone number through another provider registered with voxalot. I have tried many combinations of numbers and providers. The calls just continue to ring through to the ATA (and phone) on which my voxalot premium account is registered. No forwarding appears to be taking place.

I don't get it, given that nothing has changed at my end (at least not until I started playing around after all of this stopped working).

Edit: I have two Voxalot premium accounts. I just tested the other one and forwarding works fine. Yet on the problematic one I can't even get the forward everything to voicemail all the time call forwarding rule to work.

Last edited by toolio; 05-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

This is a basic suggestion...but did you try to just do a reset on the ATA (preferably a power-cycle)

Anything signifcantly different about the two accts (eg. use different servers, was one affected by the recent VM issue maybe....)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
toolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
This is a basic suggestion...but did you try to just do a reset on the ATA (preferably a power-cycle)

Anything signifcantly different about the two accts (eg. use different servers, was one affected by the recent VM issue maybe....)
I have done a number of power resets, not only on the ATA but on routers, modems etc. Both accounts use the same servers and as far as I can see everything else is identical except the account numbers (and the providers associated with each acount).

After hours of investigation this afternoon I have concluded nothing is working with call forwarding except the ability to forward everything to voicemail or to forward any call from any provider (both started working after a power reset).

I cannot forward by an individual incoming provider, because Voxalot does not seem to be recognizing any of them. It treats all calls from all providers the same way and passes them through. I cannot forward by incoming number because voxalot does not recognize those either, even though they are showing up on the called phone's caller ID.

I want to either pick an incoming number or an incoming provider for forwarding to a particular number through a particular VOIP provider. I was able to do it yesterday, and for a week before that.

Today, it simply will not work. This is extremely irritating because a week ago I set up and successfully tested a number of forwarding rules on this account, which I have used since then. Until, as I said, today.

Last edited by toolio; 05-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
I have done a number of power resets, not only on the ATA but on routers, modems etc. Both accounts use the same servers and as far as I can see everything else is identical except the account numbers (and the providers associated with each acount).

After hours of investigation this afternoon I have concluded nothing is working with call forwarding except the ability to forward everything to voicemail or to forward any call from any provider (both started working after a power reset).

I cannot forward by an individual incoming provider, because Voxalot does not seem to be recognizing any of them. It treats all calls from all providers the same way and passes them through. I cannot forward by incoming number because voxalot does not recognize those either, even though they are showing up on the called phone's caller ID.

I want to either pick an incoming number or an incoming provider for forwarding to a particular number through a particular VOIP provider. I was able to do it yesterday, and for a week before that.

Today, it simply will not work. This is extremely irritating because a week ago I set up and successfully tested a number of forwarding rules on this account, which I have used since then. Until, as I said, today.
And this is just with this acct. but not the other one...?

Which provider(s) are you using to do the forwarding part ...(anything BetaMax related)?
Unread 05-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
toolio

Quote:
And this is just with this acct. but not the other one...?

Which provider(s) are you using to do the forwarding part ...(anything BetaMax related)?
Yes, just with the one account.

Forwarding used to work and no longer does with incoming Voip.ms and Callcentric DIDs and with callcentric 1777 internal numbers. No betamax involved. I believe in the past I have also successfully used inphonex DIDs for forwarding. Generally I have used the "inbound provider" setting successfully.

There is one thing i neglected to mention because I hadn't thought of it. Yesterday I upgraded to an additional 5 registrations for the account that is not working properly. I doubt that has anything to do with it, but perhaps worth mentioning.

Last edited by toolio; 05-04-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
emoci

So I am watching this too...there maybe something else going on...

VoIP.ms: Customer Portal - dslreports.com
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
toolio

Quote:
So I am watching this too...there maybe something else going on...

VoIP.ms: Customer Portal - dslreports.com
Yes, the Toolio in that thread is me. That problem has resolved itself, after I registered voip.ms on Voxalot with server IPs instead of names.

But the Voxalot call forwarding problem continued (at least last night). And it isn't restricted only to Voip.ms, so that might provide additional clues.

Originally I thought the problem trying to forward Voip.ms as a "provider" was because I had a few subaccounts listed and Voxalot was not able to distinguish one from the other (even though they have separate account numbers). So I unregistered all but one, but the problem persisted. Then I recalled that a few days ago I was able to do all of this successfully no matter how many Voip.ms subaccounts were registered.

On that topic, do you know if Voxalot identifies providers only by their name or server name, or by actual accounts. In other words, for forwarding purposes should my Voxalot account be able to distinguish between Voip.ms account 111111_01 and 111111_02 when both are registered with the same Voxalot account?

When I have some time today I will try to replicate the problem (or forward successfully) from some of the same providers on my other Voxalot premium account. I'll let you know what happens. I'll also test all of this again in case it was a temporary glitch.

Thanks again for your help and advice. I appreciate it.
Unread 05-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
toolio

Now I'm really puzzled.

Forwarding by inbound provider, at least with Voip.ms has now stopped working on my other account. So that makes two.

It's almost like voxalot doesn't identify voip.ms as a provider. But to be fair, my other account seems to have the problem with every provider.

I can't even choose voip.ms as the inbound provider and have everything forwarded to voicemail, let alone another number.

I'm baffled, considering that all of this worked fine just a few days ago.
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
toolio

This is driving me nuts. I have tried every possible permutation to forward calls, particularly from inbound provider Voip.ms, and I just can't do it anymore.

In need of ideas. Thanks again in advance.
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road

Stopped working for my account also. Very frustating! Has been working all of the time before...
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote