Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-10-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Dialing SipBroker / Voxalot * Numbers on Sipura

Hi

I've been trying to get this to work for a while with no luck.

Anyhow knows how you can setup your Sipura Device (ie: SPA1001) to dial *500, *600 etc. without conflicting the the "Vertical Service Activation Codes" on the Sipuras. (Codes such as *72 etc. built in to Sipura)?

I know I can access the Voxalot numbers *500 and *600 by just dialing 500 and 600, but if I want to dial 1747411 (to a Sippphone number) or *393 followed by a FWD number, I can't get it to work. The Sipura just gives me a fast busy.

Thanks in advance

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Try adding this to the Sipura dial plan (I have it right at the front of the string, using a PAP2 though if it makes a difference):

<#:>*xxx[x*].|

Now when dialing anything that's going via SipBroker do this: #*SipCode-Number#

Since the dialing starts with # , it doesn't get in the way of *xx features.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
richard

Hi emoci

Thanks, your suggestion works good ;-)

There is only one issue. One the SPA-1001, currently "#" is set to toggle between lines, so the use of "#" conflicts with the Virtual line toggle.

I was also wondering if there is a way to tell the SPA to send all * commands to Voxalot and simply ignore its Internal Vertical Services Activation Codes or just selected ones.

For instance I will like to reprogram *98 to send me to Voxalot *500, so that the experience is the same as my PSTN Line which uses *98 for voicemail.

thanks again

Richard

PS > On my SPA3000 I do not have the conflict with the use of * codes. I think it might be because of the use of gateways, but I haven't fully investigated yet.
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hi emoci

Thanks, your suggestion works good ;-)

There is only one issue. One the SPA-1001, currently "#" is set to toggle between lines, so the use of "#" conflicts with the Virtual line toggle.

I was also wondering if there is a way to tell the SPA to send all * commands to Voxalot and simply ignore its Internal Vertical Services Activation Codes or just selected ones.

For instance I will like to reprogram *98 to send me to Voxalot *500, so that the experience is the same as my PSTN Line which uses *98 for voicemail.

thanks again

Richard

PS > On my SPA3000 I do not have the conflict with the use of * codes. I think it might be because of the use of gateways, but I haven't fully investigated yet.

Any chance you can post your current dialplan on the SPA1001, that way it'll be easier to make suggestions on what may help (but it is just a matter of playing with the dial plan)
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
dne

dne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyhow knows how you can setup your Sipura Device (ie: SPA1001) to dial *500, *600 etc. without conflicting the the "Vertical Service Activation Codes" on the Sipuras. (Codes such as *72 etc. built in to Sipura)?
On my PAP2T, I have the dial plan
Code:
(*xx|[x*][x*].)
and it seems to work both for "vertical service activation codes" and Voxalot/SIP Broker numbers.

Regards,
Daniel
dne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
richard

Hi Emoci

Here is my dialplan on my ATA.

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

So the first reference to *xx is allowing the SPA to dial * followed by 2 numbers, but the *xx envokes the ATA's build in service activation code, not a call to SIPbroker whenever there is a conflict.

I've even trying changing it to *xxx and when I dial *747 (for sipphone) or *393 (for FWD), I immediately get a fast busy.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Any chance you can post your current dialplan on the SPA1001, that way it'll be easier to make suggestions on what may help (but it is just a matter of playing with the dial plan)
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Hi Emoci

Here is my dialplan on my ATA.

(*xx|*xxx.|**x.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

So the first reference to *xx is allowing the SPA to dial * followed by 2 numbers, but the *xx envokes the ATA's build in service activation code, not a call to SIPbroker whenever there is a conflict.

I've even trying changing it to *xxx and when I dial *747 (for sipphone) or *393 (for FWD), I immediately get a fast busy.

Richard
Try that dial plan.....
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
richard

Hi Emoci

Okay, the *xxx. seems to have done it ;-) I can now dial *747 + ext and *393 + ext and it all works well.

I was also trying to replace *91, which is current a SPA default service activation code, using smart call rules, but I'm having another problem, which I thinks deserves a separate thread.

Thanks for the help with the Dial Plan. I can now dial *XXX sipbroker codes without any issues.

What's the **x? It seems to invoke the speed dial function on Voxalot when I test it with the smart call test feature. Is that why you put it there?

Richard
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:54 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Hi Emoci

Okay, the *xxx. seems to have done it ;-) I can now dial *747 + ext and *393 + ext and it all works well.

I was also trying to replace *91, which is current a SPA default service activation code, using smart call rules, but I'm having another problem, which I thinks deserves a separate thread.

Thanks for the help with the Dial Plan. I can now dial *XXX sipbroker codes without any issues.

What's the **x? It seems to invoke the speed dial function on Voxalot when I test it with the smart call test feature. Is that why you put it there?

Richard
Yep, **x. is there to use VoXalot Speed Dial....

To replace *91, first change the *91 code in your ATA to somethig else (so that the ATA no longer recognizes *91 as service code.... then proceed from there
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello Richard !

I'm using a Linksys... Should be almost the same.

I update my dialplan from :

(*xx|[3469]11|

to

(*x.|[3469]11|

so everything starting with a * and at least one number is accepted. But I changed also all Vertical Service Activation Codes of the linksys. and replace all * by #

As I'm the only one to administer the linksys, it's not a big deal to change all the codes.

Hope this helps
twen is offline   Reply With Quote