Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
Hi emoci,

Set up the second profile in Voxalot Providers. Host is nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065, register No.

Try
Host: nat.orbtalk.co.uk
Port: 5065
Active: Yes
Register: No
Optimize: No (or depending on whether you have symetric NAT enable or not on the home page)

This does not work for call out either i.e busy signal.

I also tried your codec order but Voxalot returned the errror message "codecs not valid". I have left it set at ulaw;alaw.

As for the codecs,it gives that message when you repeat a codec, or there is a semicolon in the wrong place. Try to copy and paste these as they are (clear all else):

ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

(make sure there are no extra spaces at beginning or end when you paste it in)

Thanks for your help, any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Grahame

See in Bold

Last edited by emoci; 08-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

See the post above :
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11857
This should work fine for both outgoing and incoming (if registered).

This proxy (nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065) is for getting through your router/private IP/NAT, and should be unnecessary if using Voxalot to register.

Maybe the problem is due to outgoing formatting of the dialed number and/or dial plan related.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #13
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default Orbtalk and Voipfone

Hi,

First and foremost thank you all very much for your replies. I now have a working system, details as follows:

Voipfone

Provider Name: Voipfone
Username: (my Voipfone id)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
Host: sip.voipfone.co.uk
Port: 5060
SIP Register: No
Optimize Audio Path: No

This allows me to make outbound calls. To receive inbound there are two possibilities.

Set call forward in your Voipfone account to *1*(Voxalot Cluster Code e.g 031 for eu.)(VoxalotID). This will pass all PSTN originated calls to your Voxlaot ID. It will not pass SIP or peered network calls, your caller will hit voicemail/not available. This is the issue previously posted around Voipfone's registration failure/ Session Expiry/SIPBroker peering code and is acknowledged by Voipfone.

To get round this I have registered with Voiphone via my ATA using it's second account. Remember to turn off Voipfone call forwarding. All calls are now received irrespective of origin.

Why use the ATA in and Voxalot out ? I only have one telephone hanging off my ATA. The ATA lets me map all inbound calls to this phone but requires a phone for each account for outbound i.e no dial plan facility. So only one phone on my desk which is the reason for using Voxalot in the first place.

Orbtalk

Settings are:Provider Name: Orbtalk
Username: (my Orbtalk id)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
Host: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
Port: 5060
SIP Register: Yes
Optimize Audio Path: No

This allows both outbound and inbound calling. ( PSTN, SIP and peered call all work inbound )

The only glitch I found was setting ENUM lookup set to Yes in the dial plan, nothing worked. I set ENUM to No last evening and let it stew a bit. Turned on ENUM lookup this morning and all works fine. No idea on this.

The Orbtalk proxy set up mentioned in this thread would not work on my system.

Sorry for such a long note but I hope this might help other Orbtalk and Voipfone users.

Thanks again for all contributions. To receive positive, speedy help stops you feeling you are in dark tunnel with a SIP manual, knowing you are going to be there for some considerable time.

Best regards

Grahame

Last edited by affinity; 08-24-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Adjusted as per user note
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #14
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default Orbtalk and Voipfone

Sorry,

The Voxalot eu. cluster code is 031

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote