Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-22-2007, 05:21 AM   #1
MikeT

MikeT is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E61 and PBXes.org

The most peculiar problem I've ever seen. I configured my Voxalot account to make all calls go thru PBXes.org and when I'm calling from Nokia E61 it registers okay but then returns an error message saying that Internet telephone service's unavailable. When I'm trying to call using SJPhone softphone on my Windows Mobile PDA, everything works just fine. Sounds like a problem with Nokia SIP configuration, right?

Now the weird part: when I disable ("Active -> No") PBXes.org in my Voxalot VSP configuration, outbound calls go thru other VSP (SIPNET or Globe7) and everything works fine on both Nokia and SJPhone.

So, what could be wrong with Nokia->Voxalot->PBXes.org combination?
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
MikeT

I've figured it out, it was my fault. The problem was that SJPhone's stripping out leading '+' which was used as a pattern in my Smart dial plan.

Anyway, the problem with PBXes.org is still there. When I'm trying to connect to PBXes.org directly everything works fine. However, when I change SIP proxy to Voxalot and trying to call I'm getting "error 403 - forbidden" error message.

Why's that?
Unread 09-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok, just to summarize:

-You have VoXalot set up as trunk in PBXes (make sure the type of regsiotration you have here, is "No, just outbound calls")
-You are trying to register (your Nokia ) either directly with PBXes (and use VoXalot that way), which can come inhandy as they allow using port 80, and also tried VoXalot directly.

Am I correct so far?

Or do you have PBXes registered in VoXalot as an outbound (I don't quite see the use for this though)

I would say make VoXalot your primary call center (if I can call it that) where you have all providers configured.... and then add it as a trunk at PBXes in case you want to use call through or register on port 80.....

Last edited by emoci; 09-22-2007 at 03:31 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
MikeT

emoci,

Quote:
Or do you have PBXes registered in VoXalot as an outbound (I don't quite see the use for this though)
I have it configured exactly this way. Voxalot is my "primary SIP account" and I have all my VSPs "stored" in Voxalot.

Yes, I could have registered with PBXes and use it as my "primary call center". However, it lacks one important feature: it can't strip out leading "+" sign while all the phone numbers in my Contacts are stored in so-called "international format" (plus sign followed by country code, area code and the number). Thus, the "+" goes directly to the trunk and some of my VSPs don't allow "+". That's why I need somebody else to reformat the number and I use Voxalot for this purpose.

As to the "outbound only", I think that this dialog appears differently in your "premium" account. What I have is a "SIP register" option, I set it to "No" and I believe it does exactly what you wanted: SIP register for outbound calls only.

The problem occurs only with a call routed thru PBXes and only when it is forwardeded to PBXes from Voxalot. If I reconfigure my Nokia to use PBXes directly everything works fine (of course, I have to get rid of leading "+" manually). If I use the other VSP thru Voxalot, everything's fine, either... Smart plan entry for the other VSP is a ditto of the one for PBXes; all it does is stripping out the leading "+".
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

How are you registering with PBXes(this what you are using):

Username: user-111 (111 being the extension)
Password: Extension Password (not your account password)
Host: PBXes.org

You should be able to get rid of leading + PBXes too, dial Plan +|XX.

My question though, if you have most things setup in VoXalot, why is PBXes involved at all, do you have something there (a provider) that cannot be used in VoXalot....

My suggestion was this:

-Use VoXalot as your main account (all providers configured)
-Add it as an outbound only trunk on PBXes
-Now in most cases you can register with VoXalot directly
-In some hotels however 5060 maybe blocked so it comes handy to register with port 80 for example, in which case you register directly with PBXes, having access to VoXalot dial plans and providers as usual (because VoXalot is a trunk at PBXes), and stripping + is always possible, since one way or another the call will always be put through VoXalot for inspection

-If you want to get adventurous you can use the above setup to create a CallThru as well, so you can use VoXalot from a PSTN phone to make calls (accessing it from a local number)

The only reason I'm suggesting having VoXalot in PBXes, rather than vice versa, is because this is my setup and it has been working quite well so far....

Last edited by emoci; 09-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
MikeT

I'll give it a try (I mean, in reverse direction, PBXes -> Voxalot), thanks! And still, the question remains: why in the world it doesn't work in forward direction (Voxalot -> PBXes)? Any ideas at all?