Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #11
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default OK, this makes think of a new input for Voxalot's feature whish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfan View Post
But this morning I see that my sipgate.de account is registered in Voxalot! I changed yesterday the registration server to us.voxalot.com. Maybe that was doing the trick...
OK, this makes think of a new input for Voxalot's feature whish list:

We should be able to choose a different preferred server cluster for every VoIP provider. E. g.: To Sipgate I would like to connect from us.voxalot.com and to my other providers from eu.voxalot.com. Voxalot should separate the servers to which Voxalot's clients connect from the servers which connect to the VoIP providers. My ATA should be connected to eu.voxalot.com, but Voxalot should connect in my name to Sipgate from us.voxalot.com. Isn't this possible?

Or you just go in stealth mode:

But the coolest thing would be if the Voxalot server which connects to Sipgate, Betamax and all the trouble makers could change its IP address regularily to not be traceable. So that these companies just could not notice that it's Voxalot that's connecting. It would work like my home ATA that connects over DSL to my VoIP providers: Every 24 hours it connects again to the DSL and gets a new IP address. For that reason I, for instance, never use up Voipstunt's free minutes which are "max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address".

Voxalot is a great service that seems to annoy these companies. But maybe you can hide better from the trouble makers and look like a normal user to them.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #12
LCfan

LCfan is on a distinguished road

I just checked it again: when I register my sipgate.de account via eu.voxalot.com I get no incoming calls. When I switch back to us.voxalot.com I get incoming calls.

Andreas
LCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #13
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

I'm also getting "Request Sent" (I'm using the EU server). I can't access Sipgate's website either. Can anyone else?

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
mgoebel

Default Sipgate can't connect to sql server

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
I can't access Sipgate's website either. Can anyone else?
The website itself looks great. But when I want to log in to my account it says "can't connect to sql server". Two hours ago I still could log in whithout problems. Maybe Sipgate is just working on something and we should give them time.
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #15
cdab

cdab is on a distinguished road

today the sipgate.AT account is "down" too. it also just shows "request sent" - i'll consider writing them an email later...
cdab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #16
mgoebel

Default Electricity blackout at Sipgate

Sipgate now says on their website that they were down for "30 minutes" because of a blackout in their Düsseldorf data center:
https://secure.sipgate.de/user/news.php?id=
Stromausfall 18/05
30-minütige Einschränkungen
Aufgrund eines Stromausfalles in einem Düsseldorfer Rechenzentrum waren für sipgate einige Dienste eines Zulieferers nur eingeschränkt nutzbar. In Folge dessen war sipgate für viele Kunden garnicht oder nur eingeschränkt nutzbar. Durch die kurfristige Übernahme der betroffenen Dienste durch sipgate, konnte die Störung jedoch binnen 30 Minuten behoben werden. Wir möchten uns für die Unanehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.
Now they show my phone number as offline and so the voice mail box directly kicks in when I call it. Although it's registered with PBXes when I looked into my Sipgate account two hours ago it showed up as "online" and "connected to PBXes".

Maybe they are just restarting everything. I will now connect to Sipgate via Voxalot (not anymore via PBXes) and see what happens.
Unread 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

I'm getting request sent on the US server (VID 6xxxxx) with sipgate.co.uk now as well.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road

Same here, .co.uk flavour on the EU server.
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #19
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Do they have a public support forum?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #20
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

No support forum that I know of, but I have emailed support. They got back to me and said there had been a problem with the server in Germany but I don't believe that is the root of this problem, so I replied and said as much. Waiting another reply from them.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote