Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
sinko

sinko is on a distinguished road
Default SPA-3102 Registration Status with Voxalot

I have major problem with my sisters' two voxalot accounts now, and I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Could somebody from Voxalot tech support please check whether her two accounts (SPA-3102 connections): 342084 and 782516 are registered with Voxalot?

When I call, I get instant message: "The person at extension xxxxxx is unavailable"

She had internet disconnected for about 36 hours from her internet provider and when the internet connection came back she is not sure whether her accounts are connected with Voxalot since I still cannot reach her.

I would appreciate your help and prompt reply about her account registration status which will help me in resolving this matter.
sinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
sinko

I forgot to mention that we had a perfect connection for many months and I could call both of her voxalot accounts, and get the message "The person at extension xxxxxx is unavailable" only when she is really using the line and when the line is really busy, but now she IS NOT using the lines and they should not be busy and I still cannot reach her.

Could somebody from Voxalot tech support please check whether her two accounts (SPA-3102 connections): 342084 and 782516 are registered with Voxalot?

Thanks
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Neither of those accounts are currently registered with voxalot. I am fairly sure that we will find that her ATA is registering against voxalot.com, not us.voxalot.com (or eu.voxalot.com or au.voxalot.com) as per this thread. If you get her to register against the location-specific hostname, things should be working again.

Hope that helps.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
sinko

craig,

Thanks a lot for prompt reply and helpful answer.

She in fact has her unit registering at voxalot.com because we tried eu.voxalot.com in March 2007 and we had problems.

One thing that I am confused about and would appreciate to get your opinion on is this:
Why did her unit register with voxalot.com until last Friday when her internet provider went down, and then when internet provider went back (about 12 hours ago) she cannot register with voxalot.com anymore?

Per message that you linked voxalot.com support should have been dropped about a month ago on Oct 12th, but her unit did keep registering on voxalot.com until this Friday when her internet provider went down. Is there an explanation for this?

We will definetely try to register to us.voxalot.com or eu.voxalot.com but I would appreciate your thoughts on why it kept registering on voxalot.com until her internet provider dropped her connection.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:03 AM   #5
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

She was a victim of circumstance. We originally announced that we were going to decommission the voxalot.com registrations on Oct 12, but decided to leave it turned on for a little while longer to give people a bit of slack.

However, on Saturday morning at 5AM Australian EST (which was Friday 6PM GMT), we made some changes to our server topology and finally turned off support for registering against voxalot.com.

So, although it looked like it was caused by her ISP going down, once they came back up, our server was no longer accepting those requests - I promise, though, that we weren't responsible for her ISP going down! The timing was purely coincidental.

Hope that makes sense.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
sinko

Craig,

Thanks for your help.

I agree with your assertions that it was pure coincidence and thanks for helping me isolate the problem quickly.

I have tested my unit with voxalot.com server, and I have exactly the same symptoms as she has after her internet server came back, two lights related to PSTN and Line 1 are not on meaning these lines are not registered with any servers.

I will tell her to change settings as soon as she wakes up. Thanks again.