Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-13-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
fgdavison

fgdavison is on a distinguished road
Default Can a SIP URI be used in the Dial Plan?

In Voxalot speed dial, a SIP URI entry like: "sip:#####@provider_address" works fine. How can a similar entry be used in the Dial Plan?

Must all Dial Plan entries use a Provider at which you have an account (other than sipbroker)?

Thanks,

Fred
fgdavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can route the call in the dial plan to "sip:#####@provider_address" by using Sipbroker as the outgoing provider, and prefixing the User_ID number (if numeric) with the Sipbroker code for that provider (*XXXX#######).
Take a look at SIPBroker - Provider White Pages

Some providers that use alphabetical IDs also provide a numeric access number.

If not, encourage that use to create a numeric Sipbroker alias to be reachable from a numeric only calling device (like an IP Phone)
SIPBroker - Login
This only works if that provider chooses to "peer" with Sipbroker.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
fgdavison

fgdavison is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kuran. I've successfully used sipbroker before but in some cases, (like viatalk) a direct sip:foo@bar form works fine in Speed Dial or Call Forwarding from Voxalot but *####foo does not work always properly through sipbroker. (For Viatalk, foo = '+1#######' and bar = 'incoming.vtnoc.net')

I guess I'm curious why the direct SIP URI form is allowed in two places but not in the third, the Call Plan. (I'm hoping I just missed how to do it)

The other "use case" I have is where you wish to connect directly to an ATA via the Dial Plan but don't wish to register it with a provider or publish it in sipbroker. It seems you can do this in Speed Dial or Call Forwarding but apparently not in the Dial Plan. For a calling ATA that has it's own dial plan this is not a big problem but for one (like a Grandstream 486) that does not have a flexible dial plan and needs to go through Voxalot, it makes it difficult.

In the particular case of calling a Viatalk user, the call via sipbroker gets bumped to either the next entry in the Viatalk user's "call hunt" list or the "network unavailable" entry, but the registered ATA does not ring. Without either "call hunt" or "network unavailable" setup, you just get a busy signal or voice mail (if that is set up). A direct sip uri call to Viatalk has worked properly in my testing. My guess is this is a Viatalk problem, not sipbroker, but until it is resolved or in the more general case of directly targeting unregistered sip devices, a direct SIP URI form in the Dial Plan would get the job done.

Regards,
Fred
fgdavison is offline   Reply With Quote