Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
formidible

formidible is on a distinguished road

I cannot connect a call via any of my SIP providers - all I get is 'address busy' on my mobile or 'unavailable - please try again later' on the pc softphone. I am in the UK and using the eu server. The *600 echo test is however working.

Last edited by formidible; 03-06-2009 at 11:19 AM.
formidible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by formidible View Post
I cannot connect a call via any of my SIP providers - all I get is 'address busy' on my mobile or 'unavailable - please try again later' on the pc softphone. I am in the UK and using the eu server. The *800 echo test is however working.
I'm on the EU server and having no problems -- just had one of the best connections I've had in a long time. Sorry, can't help you any more than that...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 03:56 AM   #13
Hally

Hally is on a distinguished road

The problem I am experiencing is that calls being routed through Voxalot are only one way. I can dial out and hear them but they can't hear me. This has been happening for a while now and I simply can't use Voxalot as a means of routing my calls. The majority of my calls go through PennyTel.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #14
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally View Post
The problem I am experiencing is that calls being routed through Voxalot are only one way. I can dial out and hear them but they can't hear me. This has been happening for a while now and I simply can't use Voxalot as a means of routing my calls. The majority of my calls go through PennyTel.
Hi Hally,

The only thing I can think of that may be causing the problem you describe is the de-commissioning of stun.voxalot.com.au

If you are using this STUN server, then you will need to change your settings to use:

stun.voxalot.com

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

I have several DIDs directed to Voxalot (xxxxx@eu.voxalot.com) via PBXes. None of them can complete an incoming call now. I have tried changing to xxxxx@us.voxalot.com but the result is the same.

Edit: I have just tried a DID directly forwarded to Voxalot (i.e. not via PBXes). When forwarded to xxxxx@eu.voxalot.com the call failed. When forwarded to xxxxx@us.voxalot.com it succeeded.

Last edited by ataboy; 03-07-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: More information
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #16
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Just tried mine...

Got my DID through didww -- it's pointing to #####@voxalot.com -- I'm registered on EU.voxalot.com and calls are coming in...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road

Hello! Why are my questions not being answered?!
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post22107
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #18
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
Hello! Why are my questions not being answered?!
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post22107
Quote:
The problems began with the eu-server in the afternoon of 4th March. So, what was causing that than?
It was more than likely caused by the same DOS attack that impacted our core telephony engine. As I mentioned in my previous post, a significant amount of SIP traffic started to hit our core telephony engine in the early hours of the morning on the 5th March GMT. The outer proxies may have been impacted earlier than this, and we won't know unless we perform a close examination of each log file on each proxy.

Quote:
Also, the first posts on the forum came around that time. Why didn't anyone respond on that. As this is the only way to get support, I may hope the forum is being monitored for getting to know if there are problems or not?
Voxalot support is and always has been on a best effort basis. This enables us to continue to offer our free service as well as a low priced premium service. In order for us to monitor both the service and forum on a more regular basis we would require more man power which comes at a cost.

We understand that service outages are frustrating which is why are currently thinking of new ways to improve this area without having to increase our premium service fees.

Quote:
And can you also please respond on my question above why there isn't any communication from Voxalot's side when a problem in the system arise. Is it too hard to even give a message something's wrong, so people won't hassle with there own systems to try to solve it?
Please see above.

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #19
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin,
Thanks for justified clarification. There is one problem with webcallback. If webcallback get queued & some how could not be compeleted than it can be compeleted very late at some odd time.
It happened with me, webcallback were placed on 3rd march but were comepelted on 5th march 00:29:00 GMT. There should be some protectection against delayed webcallback execution.

Best regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #20
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by majo View Post
Hi Martin,
Thanks for justified clarification. There is one problem with webcallback. If webcallback get queued & some how could not be compeleted than it can be compeleted very late at some odd time.
It happened with me, webcallback were placed on 3rd march but were comepelted on 5th march 00:29:00 GMT. There should be some protectection against delayed webcallback execution.

Best regards.

majo
Thanks majo. I can see how this might happen. I'll have a bit of a think on how we might safeguard this a bit more.