Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
kunsva

kunsva is on a distinguished road
Default the benefit of using voipbuster with voxalot?

I've read these forum hours ago, but i still don't understand about voxalot.
what is the benefit of using voip provider like voipbuster with voxalot?
voipbuster offers 300minutes per week for free calls. what happen if use it with voxalot?
kunsva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Am sure someone else can articulate this better, but Voxalot helps you to set up speed dials and dial plans to make life easier.

For example. If you use voipbuster to call the UK you no doubt have to dial 0044xxxxxxxxxx

If you want you can set voxalot up to add the 0044 to the front of your number.

Similarly, I have mine set up such that if I dial 1 it goes to a specific number, i.e. like a speed dial.

Lastly the main benefit is being able to configure more than one account. I have voipcheap and sipgate set up through voxalot.

So I can set up different rules such that certain calls go via voipcheap, others via sipgate. And incoming calls for both can be received if voxalot is set to 'register'.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
patos

patos is on a distinguished road

Another thing. When using VoIP with Nokias E-Series, VoipBuster will not understand numbers sent in international format eg: +18001234567.

All you need to do is to create a simple dial plan entry within Voxalot telling it to substitute the + with 00, and your are ready to go. Without doing this you are not able to call directly from your phonebook without editing the number prior to the call.
patos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
stezanos

stezanos is on a distinguished road

It's good to be able to use voipbuster as "one of the many" providers within Voxalot.

It's also important as you don't have to stick to "just one provider" when using an ATA with just one FXS.

Last but not least you set dialplans with Voxalot, and then dial "as if it was a local call". For example, dialing Punta del Este, Uruguay, from Montevideo, Uruguay (it's a real life example), it's way cheaper through voipbuster than through PSTN. Therefore I just set up a dialplan allowing to dial 042-xxxxxx (as it would be dialed over PSTN) instead of having to dial the whole 0059842-xxxxxx, and tell the plan to go via Voipbuster. I am sure you'll find appropriate examples in your local calling.

-Santiago
stezanos is offline   Reply With Quote