Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 06-21-2007, 01:13 PM   #81
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Seems odd that the Nokia client drops the registration.

Is it possible that the hole that is punched through the firewall is closing after a few mins rather than the Nokia itself?

I have an E61 running the 3.0633.09.04 firmware without this problem so maybe the firewall is the first place to look.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #82
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Seems odd that the Nokia client drops the registration.

Is it possible that the hole that is punched through the firewall is closing after a few mins rather than the Nokia itself?

I have an E61 running the 3.0633.09.04 firmware without this problem so maybe the firewall is the first place to look.
I don't have a firewall to punch through, as I connect to the net directly a with Virgin Mobile 3G data plan, not via a WLAN or a hotspot. Yet, within a few minutes of rebooting or altering the SIP settings on my E70, incoming VoIP calls (VoXaLot to VoXaLot) don't get through to my phone.

As I said in an earlier post, is it possible that the VoXaLot registration timing is not compatible with the Nokia SIP client?
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #83
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Martin, if it would help you to do some research into this matter, would you like me to PM you with the two VoXaLot account numbers that I have been using? (That is the account that is registered on my home ATA and the account that is "registered" on my E70.)
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #84
nokuser

nokuser is on a distinguished road
Default nokia e61 - inbound calls

I could be of help as well. Using nokia e61 as a modem (same ISP and settings) X-Lite softphone has no problems for incoming calls, but when I use nokia with built-in client - incoming calls stop after 2-3 subsequent successful inbound calls. I can provide logs, if you give the instructions.
nokuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #85
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

If you both PM me your 6 digit accounts, I will check the registry at random times throughout the day and see if there is anything that would explain this behavior.

As for registration timing, voxalot allows a min_expires of 600 seconds. Any value greater than or equal to 600 is OK.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #86
grovum

grovum is on a distinguished road
Default automatic voxalot registration on e65?

Hi everybody, has anyone figured out whether it's possible to set the e65 to automatically register with voxalot when connected to wifi?

The manual says that it is possible to configure the handset to automatically register (login to net service) but my phone only has the 'manual registration' option... The manual also says that automatic login is only available if a service-specific software plug-in has been installed in the device, so I guess my real question is does anyone know if a plug-in is available?

thanks!
grovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #87
clundestad

clundestad is on a distinguished road

I have no problems getting my brand new E65 (fw 1.0633.18.01) to register automatically. Are you not able to set Registration to "Always on" in SIP Settings for Voxalot?
clundestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #88
grovum

grovum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clundestad View Post
I have no problems getting my brand new E65 (fw 1.0633.18.01) to register automatically. Are you not able to set Registration to "Always on" in SIP Settings for Voxalot?
Yeah, that's fixed it (I had it set on 'when needed') Thanks a lot clundestad!!
grovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #89
peters

peters is on a distinguished road
Default re: Nokia E65

Quote:
Originally Posted by clundestad View Post
hi, wondering if you can post how did you setup the setting for your nokia E65 and connect using WIFI. i have tried since the first day i got the phone by following Martin's instructions but no luck to connect, the phone always showing as "not connected/registeration failed", appreciate your help.

Last edited by peters; 06-24-2007 at 04:04 PM.
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #90
dracula

dracula is on a distinguished road

Hello,

MArtin, I just have read your post in the first page of this topic, and I would like to ask, if there is a difference if I have at the Public user name in Nokia E65 sip:xxxxxx@eu.voxalot.com .. or ..
sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com.

How is it correct?

Even if I am registered on eu.voxalot.com, my sip uri still remains sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com .... or?

Thank you !!!
dracula is offline   Reply With Quote