Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 05-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
amroe

amroe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe
Smile Rename eu.voxalot.com as test

hello everyone i had buy a new domain and i wont to register all sip accounts to sip.mydomain.com rather than eu.voxalot.com , how can i do that , i tried to make A Record like ( sip.mydomain.com = 85.17.19.194 ) but it didnt work can you help me please and thanks .

Last edited by amroe; 05-01-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread 05-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

It will not work. I tried with dyndns & it did not work at all. Other service like www.pbxes.org works with dyndns or any other dns service but voxalot does not. May be it is check against misuse of service by renaming dns entries.

Regards.

majo
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

It may work if you add it as a CNAME and not an A Record...

I just don't see what you're trying to accomplish...plus it is likely to cause trouble down the road if you wanted to use the newly implemented SRV failover

Now if all you really want is a SIP URI of the type myname@mydomain.com format that rings into your VoXalot acct. look at OnSIP's a la carte service...
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #4
amroe

Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe
Wink

thanks for the replay , i had tried both A Record and CNAME Record , and it didn't work , i am trying to get my website as major Voip server and provider , and i wont to use all voxalot service and don't let my customers know that i am using Voxalot
Unread 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amroe View Post
i am trying to get my website as major Voip server and provider , and i wont to use all voxalot service and don't let my customers know that i am using Voxalot

Please clarify what you mean by the statement above...

One more thing, if for some reason you're trying to set people up with VoXalot accts. but pass them off as your own service by covering up the server...that won't work. Not only will it not work but I am sure there will be consequences like blocked accts and such since it is against VoXalot's TOS.

If you just want a custom SIP URI for yourself then again look at OnSip
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
amroe

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Please clarify what you mean by the statement above...

One more thing, if for some reason you're trying to set people up with VoXalot accts. but pass them off as your own service by covering up the server...that won't work. Not only will it not work but I am sure there will be consequences like blocked accts and such since it is against VoXalot's TOS.

If you just want a custom SIP URI for yourself then again look at OnSip
emoci you didn't understand me , i will explain what is my job , i have customers pay monthly like 10 $ for unlimited calling to usa ( landlines + mobiles ) and other countries , i use voxalot account with voipclones of Betamax and setting Dial Plans , so my customers don't know Betamax or Voxalot , they Only Know me , so i wont to provide them with setting like :

user name : 123456 ( which is in fact Voxalot account )
password : xxxxxxx ( which is in fact Voxalot password )
sip server : sip.mydomain.com ( which is in fact Voxalot server )

and also if there is any Block for Voxalot i will bypass it with my sip url .
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by amroe View Post
emoci you didn't understand me , i will explain what is my job , i have customers pay monthly like 10 $ for unlimited calling to usa ( landlines + mobiles ) and other countries , i use voxalot account with voipclones of Betamax and setting Dial Plans , so my customers don't know Betamax or Voxalot , they Only Know me , so i wont to provide them with setting like :

user name : 123456 ( which is in fact Voxalot account )
password : xxxxxxx ( which is in fact Voxalot password )
sip server : sip.mydomain.com ( which is in fact Voxalot server )

and also if there is any Block for Voxalot i will bypass it with my sip url .

And I am telling you that doing the above is against VoXalot's TOS.

-You cannot sell VoXalot accts to people for $10/month first.
-You cannot pass these VoXalot accts as being your service

If the VoXalot Admins find out they will block all of those accts...

I realize what you're trying to do but the reason it does not work is because it is set up such that it is not allowed...
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Ignorant people never seize to amaze me...

Abusing the service is one thing but telling us all about it is something beyond acceptable!

If you're making money out if it, didn't you at least have the courtesy to tell Voxalot about it, maybe get their "OK" first? How about giving them a little bit of money to pay some bills, maybe? Is it so hard to acquire your own IP PBX without abusing someone else's work?

I hope admins trace your IPs/accounts and ban every and each one of them.

Unbelievable!
Unread 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
amroe

emoci , please deleate this thread and i will use OneSip as you advise me , i hope that Voxalot provide API for Resellers like us with Special Tools .
Unread 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
Ignorant people never seize to amaze me... Abusing the service is one thing but telling us all about it is something beyond acceptable!
Each one of us is ignorant about some things. The extent of knowledge is too great for anyone to know it all.

The OP was not trying to deceive Voxalot, the questions were asked here in the Voxalot forum, not elsewhere where Voxalot admins would be less likely to see it. He may have been planning to open all the accounts as premium paid accounts which would have generated some revenue for Voxalot. When he learned about the TOS issue he changed the plan in order to comply with the TOS.
Closed Thread