Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #11
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese View Post
This guide is so ridicilously painfull for noob like me. The biggest thing which is missing is explaining what Voxalot-1 and Voxalot-2 accounts will be used to. Guide just tells create both but does not say which one will be used for what and hence the rest of the guide is total confusion.
Will below work?
2 Voxalot accounts.
1 for mom and 1 for me.
Mom's one is registered on ATA and in IPKall so I can call her.
Mine is having PhoneGnome set up as service provider. Mom's Voxalot account is having SpeedDial set to SIP URI of PhoneGnome or SpeedDial set to mine Voxalot number.
Will this work? Biggest puzzle for me is how exactly PhoneGnome is going to ring my home phone, I did activate it but don't understand technology behind since I did not provide any of my VoiceStick credentials there.

Sorry, to hear that....follow it step by step, it tells you what to do with them later at PBXes (this guide is strictly for your end, nothing to do with your mother.....so if you think in those terms, 3 VoXalot accounts, 1 for your mother, 2 for you)

VoXalot-1 : The account that receives the call
Voxalot-2: The account that handles the placing of the call via PhoneGnome
PBXes: The middle man that takes care of the link between your two accounts

-------------------------------------
Actually it can be a lot simpler:

-Just 1 VoXalot account for your mother
-Add PhoneGnome in her account as a provider (you'll need the PhoneGnome SIP Details from PhoneGnome, also make sure you check ring "Home and SoftGnome")
-Create a SpeedDial with your VoiceStick Number handled by PhoneGnome

PhoneGnome is calling you the same way someone from a regular phone would call you.....

If you are still having trouble, send me a PM, we'll see if I can take a look....

Last edited by emoci; 09-20-2007 at 08:15 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
artisticcheese

artisticcheese is on a distinguished road

Which number do I specify on Voxalot speedial account to call my PhoneGnome account. Do I specify SIP URI or my real phone number?
I'm also wondering how exactly PhoneGnome can control my home phone number not to ring at all (under settings there in softphone PhoneGnome features). I did not provide any VoiceStick credentials for them to do anything fancy.

Last edited by artisticcheese; 09-20-2007 at 08:40 PM.
artisticcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #13
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Which number do I specify on Voxalot speedial account to call my PhoneGnome account. Do I specify SIP URI or my real phone number?
I'm also wondering how exactly PhoneGnome can control my home phone number not to ring at all (under settings there in softphone PhoneGnome features). I did not provide any VoiceStick credentials for them to do anything fancy.
The trick is here:

They can only control this....if the caller is a PhoneGnome User (so there is nothing to worry about in terms of losing your number etc.)

You need to specify full VoiceStick Number (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
artisticcheese

I setup single Voxalot account with PhoneGnome forwarded to my VoiceStick number. It says "this is not a recognized phone number" when I try to dial 1-xxx-xxxxxx via speed dial in Voxalot. What could be the problem with this setup. Incoming calls to ATA coming in fine.
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #15
emoci

Quote:
I setup single Voxalot account with PhoneGnome forwarded to my VoiceStick number. It says "this is not a recognized phone number" when I try to dial 1-xxx-xxxxxx via speed dial in Voxalot. What could be the problem with this setup. Incoming calls to ATA coming in fine.
Well, make sure you do not include the dashes so actually 1xxxxxxxxxx (not 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)

And when you set up a speed dial, it asks you to chose the provider, by default this is SMART CALL, you want to chose PhoneGnome specifically.

Also make sure the number you are calling, is the number you registered for PhoneGnome....

Also make sure this message is not from your ATA (dial plan should have a **x. string to allow Speed Dial calls)

You did all that stuff, where you log into PhoneGnome, go under Features, activate SoftGnome Remote Access, and checked Ring SoftGnome with HomePhone right....

For PhoneGnome Details (ones you used to add it to VoXalot) you are using something like this right:

User: soft-xxxxx
Pass:
Host: pgp01.televolution.net

Last edited by emoci; 09-20-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #16
artisticcheese

Yes, all that is exactly how you put it there. How can I test phonegnome functionality without Voxalot?