Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
nico059

nico059 is on a distinguished road
Default PSTN (Access Number) To PSTN (via a VOIP account) possible ?

Hello,

In this scenario NO ONE have an hardware ATA.
1- Can a Person A call a local Access Number in his country A (for exemple an acces number in Canada-Quebec city)
2- enter the sip broker code ? voxalot code ? or what ever ....
3- ENTER USERNAME/PASSWORD of a VOIP provider (for example Wengo, VoipStunt) AND the PSTN phone number of the person B
4- and join the Person B in country B to his regular PSTN phone via this VOIP account

Is it possible to realise this scenario with functionnalities of voxalot: reigster provider in voxalot, speed dial, call forwarding ....
The account of the VOIP will be charged at the rate to join this country B.

I searched the support forum before posting this question ... no succes ... if it's reply in a other thread, please could you point me to this thread

Regards,
Nico.
nico059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #2
Jorge

Jorge is on a distinguished road

That is still in the wish list, I think:
http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=247
Quote:
8 - allow forward to mobile or fixed line number via one of our providers.
16 - Call forwarding via dial plan, i.e. ability to set up a call forward to any number (including PSTN)
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
hornet

hornet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico059
Hello,

1- Can a Person A call a local Access Number in his country A (for exemple an acces number in Canada-Quebec city)
2- enter the sip broker code ? voxalot code ? or what ever ....
3- ENTER USERNAME/PASSWORD of a VOIP provider (for example Wengo, VoipStunt) AND the PSTN phone number of the person B
4- and join the Person B in country B to his regular PSTN phone via this VOIP account

Is it possible to realise this scenario ...Nico.
Hi Nico,

It is possible to connect 2 PSTN phones through using the Call back service. (Voxalot provide that service).

Also, some Australian VSP providers have "gateways" in various cities/countries which can do what you are asking (e.g. Oztell, BBP Global).... it depends upon the countries you want to use...

Regards,

Harry.
hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
nico059

nico059 is on a distinguished road

Hi Harry,

Thx for the info about Australian VSP. I will check the functionnality and cost of international access number.

For the callback functionnality, do you mean Web Callback ? This is a great feature, but in my scenario I would like to to avoid the need of an internet connexion. If I could initiate a Web Callback (with delay) with my regular PSTN phone it would be OK.

Regards,
Nico.
nico059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 02:00 AM   #5
hornet

hornet is on a distinguished road

If you are checking out Oztell, their site is hard to navigate, so.....

look here: http://en.net2max.com/Access_Number_List

and here http://en.net2max.com/index.php/Access_Number

They have a large range of overseas gateway numbers.

Regards,

Harry.
hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
smico

smico is on a distinguished road
Default ani callback

Nico,

http://www.mywebcalls.com offers callback service called ANI Callback.

You register callback number on their web site, then you call their number (which is always bussy), and they call you back, giving you dial tone to continue dialing.

They charge you for call to you (Canada) + they charge you for call to your destination. I used them a lot before Voipbuster appeared.

I have tried to initiate development of such product on this and various other web sites, but no luck so far. I event though of programming something like that to myself, but I hope someone else (like Voxalot) will do that for us. It would be great tool.

Cheers from Montreal
smico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 04:23 AM   #7
Jorge

Jorge is on a distinguished road

What about EasyPABX? (edit: when I posted this, I had not actually tried. But now I did and it really works, although sometimes my password was appearently not saved)
Quote:
In this scenario NO ONE have an hardware ATA.
In this scenario no broadband internet, website portals or ATA would be involved:

In EasyPABX you configure two DDIs, one of which is a local DID (or a Voxalot account) used for incoming calls, pointing to a DISA extension in which you get a second dial tone after entering a PIN number. Your call is then routed to a LCR which uses the other DDI which is your outbound provider (Voipbuster, Wengo...).
Quote:
If your inbound DDI is your Voxalot number, then it should be callable via SIP Broker. Otherwise you can get your own DID.
Quote:
I guess you cannot do that, but you can set your own password and easypabx will keep your provider settings.
Quote:
DISA is a function that will give the caller a new dial tone and allow them to dial a new number.

Last edited by Jorge; 08-11-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote