Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Nakkoush

Nakkoush is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot to Voxalot is not working here

Dear Experts,

I have two basic free voxalot accounts registered since more than a year.
I don't know what is recently happening, just like that 4 or 5 days ago I cannot call voxalot to voxalot, or let me say it was hardly working for the last one week (some times I hear voxalot machine cutting my calls and saying to call back later during the call) until today it has stopped completely.

Am I the only one facing this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Nakkoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
brandaogu

brandaogu is on a distinguished road
Default Same problem here

I am having the exact same problem.
I have just created another account to check if the problem was with the other account i have, but it turns out that it isn't.

I have a IPKall number, which is forwarded to my voxalot account and ppl were saying that calls were being automatically forwarded to voicemail, so i called my number to check, and indeed it´s not working...
I'm also not being able to dial to another voxalot numbers or receive calls at all...

It had never happened before...

Ah, btw, i have already tried to switch to the european and australian server, and still, i have the same problem.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?
brandaogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing new happening on the VoXalot end...

Power your ATA down, give it a few minutes and plug it back in.

Keep in mind if you are trying to call a VoXalot account that is registered in the next line of the same ATA or even behind the same private LAN you may experience routing issues with where the media is sent.....

The best way to test, is to call a SipBroker Access Number from regular PSTN phone, then dial *010YourVoXalotNumber# and see if your ATA rings

Another thing you may want to do is setup STUN for your ATA which will ensure your ATA is aware of its external IP and passes this on to VoXalot(stun.xten.com is what I've been using without issues)

Hope that helps....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Nakkoush

Nakkoush is on a distinguished road

Just one question:

Did voxalot stop G723 codec? I am a G723 codec user.
I discovered that if I set ( "G723 Enable": No ) and I put "Preferred Codec: G729a" I managed to establish after several trials one call... when the call fails I just hear nothing, I wait and I wait.. some times after 3 minutes of waiting I hear a fast busy tone..

I am using stun.xten.com as my stun server..
I am not calling from the same lan to lan..

As I said before, in the last period before voxalot to voxalot stopped completely with me, during most of my calls I was interrupted with a voxalot voice message to call back later and I have drop the call and try again...
Nakkoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
loraolo

loraolo is on a distinguished road

I found the same problem, even if I cannot say since when exactly.
Just yesterday I tried to call a voxalot number and the call dropped down after seconds. I tried three times experiencing the same problem. I tried to place a PSTN call by using a VSP connected to Voxalot via dial plan (voipcheap) and everything is working ok.
Two hours laters the voxalot to voxalot call was placed without any problem.

Both me and my friend are connected to eu voxalot server via two different italian ISP and both we are using ATA devices and X-Lite software configured with voxalot.

Cheers
Paolo
loraolo is offline   Reply With Quote