Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
nickwe

nickwe is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple trunks: OK! But multiple identity?

Hello,

I'm kind of new to VoIP, you've been warned ;-)

With my Voxalot account, I'll be able to have multiple trunk when I dial out, I think I got that, but will I be able to have multiple identities to receive inbound call?

I'm using an ATA (SPA3102) where I can already define multiple gateway:
1: FWD
2: voipbusterpro
3: sipphone
Unfortunately I think I can just manage to have one of them online as an Identity to receive VoIP call :-( So peoples on the two other networks can't join't me (except maybe by sipbroker and their special number but that's not the point).

So if I put my future Voxalot account on my ATA and that I configure my three accounts on my Voxalot account, will I be joignable on those three accounts for inbound call trough my ATA? Would be great but I guess not?

On an IP phone (Snom 300), you can have 4 identities online at the same time! Is there any service that would do that for my ATA or is there any ATA that can be configured with multiple identities to receive call?

Another question that have nothing to do with Voxalot but that concern the SIP protocol in general. Take an real exemple that concern me:

I'm in Mauritius with VoIP and I want to call Belgium on PSTN, my VSP is in Australia, where will go my call trough?

1. Mauritius => Australia (VSP) => Belgium (during all the conversation)
2. Mauritius => Australia (for the authentication), then Mauritius => Belgium (for all the conversation)
3. Mauritius => Belgium (during all the conversation)

The point I want to go is that I'm in Mauritius where there is no VSP, so I have to choose an international one, will I have better result if I choose one from US, one from Europe or one from Australia? Or will it be the same, all would depend on my ADSL connexion!

And finally, what make a VSP better than an other in term of "voice quality" and "time delay" saying that there would all use the same codec compression? That join my precedent question I think, but never know?

Thanks for your help!
nickwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Hi Nickwe - See answers below to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwe View Post
Hello,

I'm kind of new to VoIP, you've been warned ;-)

With my Voxalot account, I'll be able to have multiple trunk when I dial out, I think I got that, but will I be able to have multiple identities to receive inbound call?

I'm using an ATA (SPA3102) where I can already define multiple gateway:
1: FWD
2: voipbusterpro
3: sipphone
Unfortunately I think I can just manage to have one of them online as an Identity to receive VoIP call :-( So peoples on the two other networks can't join't me (except maybe by sipbroker and their special number but that's not the point).

So if I put my future Voxalot account on my ATA and that I configure my three accounts on my Voxalot account, will I be joignable on those three accounts for inbound call trough my ATA? Would be great but I guess not?
The Answer is Yes - You will have to set up all three accounts in Voxalot and set SIP register to Yes. An alternative is to also have your VSP forward all calls to your Voxalot SIP URI assuming they support this function.

Quote:

On an IP phone (Snom 300), you can have 4 identities online at the same time! Is there any service that would do that for my ATA or is there any ATA that can be configured with multiple identities to receive call?
Voxalot allows you to have more than four identites. Perhaps another forum memeer can answer your question about other ATAs that support more than four identities.

Quote:

Another question that have nothing to do with Voxalot but that concern the SIP protocol in general. Take an real exemple that concern me:

I'm in Mauritius with VoIP and I want to call Belgium on PSTN, my VSP is in Australia, where will go my call trough?

1. Mauritius => Australia (VSP) => Belgium (during all the conversation)
NO.

Quote:
2. Mauritius => Australia (for the authentication), then Mauritius => Belgium (for all the conversation)
YES

Quote:
3. Mauritius => Belgium (during all the conversation)
YES

Quote:

The point I want to go is that I'm in Mauritius where there is no VSP, so I have to choose an international one, will I have better result if I choose one from US, one from Europe or one from Australia? Or will it be the same, all would depend on my ADSL connexion!

And finally, what make a VSP better than an other in term of "voice quality" and "time delay" saying that there would all use the same codec compression? That join my precedent question I think, but never know?

Thanks for your help!
A good ADSL connection with a quality router and QOS for VoIP will help.
The VSP to select is the ones that give you the best rates to the destinations you are calling - where they are located is not necessarily an issue as long as they offer a good service at a good rate. Perhaps some one else can answer your voice quality question.

Tony
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
nickwe

nickwe is on a distinguished road

Excellent, thank you so much for your answers, furthermore exactly the answers I was expected :-)

I don't even need to know if there are other ATA supporting multiple identities as I'll use a Voxalot account with my ATA in a couple of day!

Thanks again, I'll go to sleep really happy!
nickwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
majo

majo is on a distinguished road
Default Fritz box fon ata support multiple accounts!!!!!!

Hi,
Fritzbox fon ata support 10 accounts. It is very popular in germany. I don't know if you can get it there or not... It has web interface for configuration. It has simple dial rule based on numeric dial number. No complex dialing feature like adding or removing of dial digits.

regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote