Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 05-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
adrianmarsh

adrianmarsh is on a distinguished road
Default CLI and account info

Hi,

I've 2 questions:

1) the admin who originally setup our Asterisk server defined most of the config, and I'm backtracking his work.

In our sip.conf, theres a sipbroker account defined.

Now the fromuser= looks quite generic. Should fromuser= match the User ID I have defined on sipbroker.com, or is it the same for everyone? As theres no password being set, I'm assuming its a global setting for all, but the FAQ seems to suggest its a unique account on sipbroker.

Using the working config, calls via sipbroker connect ok. If I change it to use my registered sipbroker.com account, then I get circuit-busy messages instead.

2) When the calls do work, the CLI that is received seems to have its CallerID(NUM) changed to "sipbroker" (NAME stays the same). Is this sipbroker.com setting this (advertising?)? Or is it something in the sip.conf file on the originating or destination server?

I'm continuing on my own with tests here, but I've not found much help in the FAQ I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Adrian

Last edited by adrianmarsh; 05-20-2008 at 09:16 AM.
adrianmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I will probably not be of much help, but keep in mind;

1. SipBroker does not require registration in order to be used. The only reason you would need to set up a SipBroker acct. is to create an Alias, especially when you have an alpha SIP adress and you want to be able to be reached numerically

Chances are your current FromUser=anon or something along those lines

From looking at this SIP Broker Wiki : Asterisk Configuration it appears that you should be able to set your FromUser and FromDomain
(note that if you are calling from myname@mydomain.com, then FromUser=myname and FromDomain=mydomain.com; and this should have nothing to do with any accounts you have at SipBroker, it's simply how you want to identify yourself to SipBroker)

I know that setting FromUser may improve your CID issues (it tends to apply with VoXalot, however I've never use SipBroker with Asterisk installation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmarsh View Post
Hi,

I've 2 questions:

1) the admin who originally setup our Asterisk server defined most of the config, and I'm backtracking his work.

In our sip.conf, theres a sipbroker account defined.

Now the fromuser= looks quite generic. Should fromuser= match the User ID I have defined on sipbroker.com, or is it the same for everyone? As theres no password being set, I'm assuming its a global setting for all, but the FAQ seems to suggest its a unique account on sipbroker.

Using the working config, calls via sipbroker connect ok. If I change it to use my registered sipbroker.com account, then I get circuit-busy messages instead.

2) When the calls do work, the CLI that is received seems to have its CallerID(NUM) changed to "sipbroker" (NAME stays the same). Is this sipbroker.com setting this (advertising?)? Or is it something in the sip.conf file on the originating or destination server?

I'm continuing on my own with tests here, but I've not found much help in the FAQ I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Adrian
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote