Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
sipcpe

sipcpe is on a distinguished road
Default DID providers

I was wondering if I can use this service to register for multiple DIDS on one SIP acct/ATA.

1. What registration options are available ie can the DID provider send DID to an IP Address or do I need them to provide me a SIP acct linked to the DID.

2. I have a 4 port ATA can I use this service to set up a hunt group?

Thanks
sipcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipcpe View Post
I was wondering if I can use this service to register for multiple DIDS on one SIP acct/ATA.

1. What registration options are available ie can the DID provider send DID to an IP Address or do I need them to provide me a SIP acct linked to the DID.

If you can have the DID company forward to a SIP address that works.

Otherwise you can also register a DID from within VoXalot using the SIP details attached to the DID that the provider may give (this is a premium service, $25/year gets you 5 SIP registrations)

2. I have a 4 port ATA can I use this service to set up a hunt group?
If by hunt group you mean trying consecutive numbers until one answers, that's not possible for the time being.

Thanks
See in red.... To get a better idea, set yourself up with a free account and explore from there...
For a list of features this may help http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post10498
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
sipcpe

By hunt group I mean if Line 1 on the ATA is busy it will ring Line 2 and if Line 2 is busy it will ring Line 3 and so on. I assume this could be done with a call forwarding function in the ATA or on your server. It seems to me it would be faster if done on your server. I am guessing I would need at least two voxalot accts to do this. yes?

I have already signed up for the premium service and have one service provider inbound DID registered and working fine. My vox account is registered on LINE 1 of my Linksys PAP2.

The DID has two channels so I want the second inbound call to ring on LINE 2 of the PAP2 (and not use call waiting)

Eventually I will upgrade to a 4 line ATA with multiple inbound DIDs and a few outbound service providers.

Last edited by sipcpe; 09-12-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
sipcpe

Hum where is tech support? I would think there should be some additional level of support than this forum for paying customers. The service is great just wish I could say the same about the support.
Unread 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Well, you are in a bit of an uncharted zone here....

Try registering Line 2 on your ATA with the same VoXalot account, and see if that works....

VoXalot is set up to ring multiple devices (so the same VoXalot account can register in many devices), with the first one to answer taking the call, but whether it means that it'll ring all other devices, when one is already in use you are gonna have to try?
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
majo

majo is on a distinguished road
Default Hunt options must be in your ATA!!!!

Hi Sipce,
Hunt option must be in your ATA. Vox can ring on multiple accounts. I have FritzBox with 10 accounts and two phone lines. In ATA i have option to ring on all or specific phone. So when i have set both line to ring all then if i am using line 1 and new call comes in then it knock me on my active call and ring on other free phone and i can pick call from 2nd phone.

Hope this helps.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 03:35 AM   #7
sipcpe

I tried setting up the call forwarding in the PAP2 (LINE1 to LINE 2) In the field "Cfwd Busy Dest:" for LINE 1, I entered the voxalot acct ID registered in LINE 2 but no luck. When I place the second call to LINE 1 it does not forward to LINE 2. I also tried entering in the "Cfwd Busy Dest:" xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com but no go either.

Any suggestions?

I have set up two Voxalot accts for this. Surely there must be a way to forward a call from one Voxalot acct to another Voxalot acct as this is basic SIP function.

Last edited by sipcpe; 09-13-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Unread 09-13-2007, 03:40 AM   #8
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipcpe View Post
I tried set set up the call forwarding in the PAP2 LINE1 to LINE 2. In the field "Cfwd Busy Dest:" for LINE 1 I entered the voxalot acct ID registered in LINE 2 but no luck. When I place th second call to LINE 1 it does not forward to LINE 2. I also tried entering in the "Cfwd Busy Dest:" xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com but no go either.

Any suggestions?
Try entering *010xxxxxx@sipbroker.com (where xxxxxx is the VoXalot number of the account in line 2)....
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:38 AM   #9
sipcpe

thanks for the suggestion but no go either just goes to voice mail for Line 1 on the second call.
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
emoci

Well, this maybe obvious but, turn off VM (you can do this when logged in at the VoXalot website)