Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road
Default Does Orbtalk work with Voxalot?

I have done a forum search for "orbtalk" and the results suggest that orbtalk does work with Voxalot.

However, I have never got it to work! Help!

I am reasonably certain I have entered the correct information in Voice Service Providers. (I deleted first entry and re-entered it making sure that I entered the correct password, for example)

I set SIP Register to yes ( I am a Voxalot Premium member) and I understood that this is necessary to receive incoming calls.

SIP Register has always failed so far.
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I have had it working (registered) for the last 3 months, receiving calls:

Server: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
Port: 5060
Codecs (I don't think this matters much):ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

Use that 7 digit ID they give you as the UserName (717XXXX)

I don't know if it'll work to make outgoing calls though, you may want to create another provider just for outgoing, don't SIP Register it and use their outbound proxy: nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I don't know if it'll work to make outgoing calls though, you may want to create another provider just for outgoing, don't SIP Register it and use their outbound proxy: nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065
I have it working fine for outgoing calls (never tried it for incoming). My settings:

Host: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: No
Optimize Audio Path: No

Pretty standard settings, in other words.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default Orbtalk and Voipfone

I'm with Serendipitydawg viz a vis Orbtalk.

The latest email I have from Orbtalk Support is " We do not support Voxalot".
I cannot make outgoing calls, registered in Voxalot or not. Incoming will work, sort of, if registered with Voxalot and calls forwarded in Voxalot to my Voxalot No.

Similar situation with Voipfone ( posted elsewhere ). Outbound does not work, inbound will work via their *1 Sipbroker code but only calls originating from PSTN. Latest email I have from Voipfone Support is " Known issue, well down development list priorities".

It may well be I'm twiddling the wrong knobs, but having done a lot work evaluating/choosing Providers, it would be really useful to be able to check them against a list of Providers known to work with Voxalot Premium, "approved" by Voxalot.

Is this possible ?

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
I'm with Serendipitydawg viz a vis Orbtalk.

The latest email I have from Orbtalk Support is " We do not support Voxalot".
I cannot make outgoing calls, registered in Voxalot or not. Incoming will work, sort of, if registered with Voxalot and calls forwarded in Voxalot to my Voxalot No.

Similar situation with Voipfone ( posted elsewhere ). Outbound does not work, inbound will work via their *1 Sipbroker code but only calls originating from PSTN. Latest email I have from Voipfone Support is " Known issue, well down development list priorities".

It may well be I'm twiddling the wrong knobs, but having done a lot work evaluating/choosing Providers, it would be really useful to be able to check them against a list of Providers known to work with Voxalot Premium, "approved" by Voxalot.

Is this possible ?

Best regards

Grahame
Well, in terms of making calls via OrbTalk, if it is not working, you may want to add a second provider profile (don't register it ) and use their outbound proxy, instead of their registration server...

There the Global Provider list (they could extend that to show compatible/non-compatible), but support/compatibility for VoXalot is completely on the provider end, in that VoXalot is set up to accept just about anything SIP....
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road

As I was typing my last post I was actually waiting for Orbtalk to re-reister, having done as I suggested and deleted the original entry and then re-entered all my details, taking extra care to get the password right.

Imagine my suprise when it actually registered!!

Inbound calls to my DID ( a regular geographical number) now work perfectly with Voxalot call forwading. Result!!

No intention of making any outgoing calls
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
. . .
It might not be any consolation to you, but I have never had any outbound problems with Voipfone. I just double-checked it and it works fine. The only thing that I can think of is that some time back they changed host details from voipfone.co.uk to sip.voipfone.co.uk. Are your settings correct?

Inbound, I grant you, was always a problem until they supported Sipbroker. Now that too works well for PSTN-originated calls.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
Grahame

Default Orbtalk and Voipfone

emoci - Thanks. Do you mean set up a secondary Orbtalk profile ( proxy, unregistered ) alongside the registered primary Orbtalk profile in Voxalot or delete the primary profile completely ?

Serendipitydawg - Thanks. I too can get Orbtalk to register and pass through calls using Voxalot Call Forwarding. It's dialling out that's the issue.

ataboy - Thanks. I was using sip.voipfone.co.uk ( not registered ) but alas no calls out. I agree PSTN via *1 does work but I need the SIP part as well.

More midnight oil I guess, any thoughts gratefully received.

Would still like a Voxalot "approved" provider list.

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 08-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
emoci

Quote:
emoci - Thanks. Do you mean set up a secondary Orbtalk profile ( proxy, unregistered ) alongside the registered primary Orbtalk profile in Voxalot or delete the primary profile completely ?

Serendipitydawg - Thanks. I too can get Orbtalk to register and pass through calls using Voxalot Call Forwarding. It's dialling out that's the issue.

ataboy - Thanks. I was using sip.voipfone.co.uk ( not registered ) but alas no calls out. I agree PSTN via *1 does work but I need the SIP part as well.

More midnight oil I guess, any thoughts gratefully received.

Would still like a Voxalot "approved" provider list.

Best regards

Grahame

That's exactly what I meant. Set up a second profile, alongside the first and use the outbound proxy for the server value for the second profile.

Another reason for outgoing calls not working may be Codecs, if you left your codecs to the default voxalot order, try changing them to this in your original (registered) OrbTalk profile: ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm (It's worth trying this, before setting up a second profile)

Proxy: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
Outbound: nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Grahame

Default Orbtalk and Voxalot

Hi emoci,

Set up the second profile in Voxalot Providers. Host is nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065, register No.

This does not work for call out either i.e busy signal.

I also tried your codec order but Voxalot returned the errror message "codecs not valid". I have left it set at ulaw;alaw.

Thanks for your help, any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Grahame