Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford
Default Virtual Toll Free not connecting

When I test virtual toll free on my website, the first leg rings and when I pick up it says conecting but on the webpage it shows dialling 658495 which on my dial plan is picked up as a local number. Why is it not dialling *658495? The call does not go through.

This used to work (6 months ago) and I do have the latest code from the website.

Last edited by tomblandford; 11-10-2007 at 12:09 PM.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

What number are you typing in the virtual toll free box? for me it says calling whatever number I type there. It then calls this number (my website visitor) using a VSP according to my smart call settings and then when the website visitor answers, my voxalot registered phone rings and we are connected. I just tested it so can confirm it is working at the moment on the eu server. I am only using the voxalot branded version.

Last edited by chatalot; 11-10-2007 at 01:40 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
When I test virtual toll free on my website, the first leg rings and when I pick up it says conecting but on the webpage it shows dialling 658495 which on my dial plan is picked up as a local number. Why is it not dialling *658495? The call does not go through.

This used to work (6 months ago) and I do have the latest code from the website.
What are you trying to reach at *658495, is it a SipBroker destinaton....although I haven't tested yet, I have a feeling it doesn't like * (but if it is SipBroker, *658495@sipbroker.com may work)

Another thing, make sure the dial plan handling this *xxxxxx numbers is activated for Virtual Toll Free (remember you can now have a Dial Plan active from VoXalot when you call, but not for Virtual Toll Free)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
tomblandford

The number entered is working fine. It is when the toll free calls my own Voxalot number that the problem occurs. It calls 658495 but does not go through to my voxalot registered phone.

I tested from a landline and it works. Also through SipBroker if I use *010 (but not *031). Is it because I have call forwarding set up on my account maybe? I think it should still work.

Last edited by tomblandford; 11-10-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
The number entered is working fine. It is when the toll free calls my own Voxalot number that the problem occurs. It calls 658495 but does not go through to my voxalot registered phone.

I tested from a landline and it works. Also through SipBroker if I use *010 (but not *031). Is it because I have call forwarding set up on my account maybe? I think it should still work.
Well, is Call FW affecting calls to VoXalot directly (is it an ANY rule, based on CID, or based on Provider), or just calls to one of the providers, and where is it forwarding the calls to?

When you tried from SipBroker, you mean you called one of the PSTN access numbers from a landline then entered *010123456 or *031123456 right?

If you turn the FW off temporarily, does that solve the issues?
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Well, is Call FW affecting calls to VoXalot directly (is it an ANY rule, based on CID, or based on Provider), or just calls to one of the providers, and where is it forwarding the calls to?
It's an ANY rule

Quote:
When you tried from SipBroker, you mean you called one of the PSTN access numbers from a landline then entered *010123456 or *031123456 right?
yes, *010xxxxxx works but *031xxxxxx does not. That is fine.

Quote:
If you turn the FW off temporarily, does that solve the issues?
I just dragged my VoIP phone out of the cupboard (not using it right now) and yes it did ring using toll free. So it seems calls with virtual toll free do not work with call forwarding.
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
emoci

-Who is the provider handling your FW?

-Do you have a second provider you can try FW with?

-For the provider you have right now (the one that's handling FW) try changing the codec string you have in VoXalot for it to ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

As you assumed, and I would guess, it should be working but.......
Unread 11-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
tomblandford

You got to the root of the problem. Thanks.

The problem is VoipDiscount who I am using for FW. I would guess it is to do with the IP address not being passed on as they require. This issue was fixed with call forwarding ages ago but obviously it is not fixed with toll free.

Is this something that can be fixed?
Unread 11-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
tomblandford

Is there a call forward matching rule I could use to filter out virtual toll free calls to route them differently? Voxalot or SipBroker does not come up in the provider list. What about if I say 'number has no digits' or will that just pick up numbers without caller ID? Or maybe if I spec my own Voxalot ID as the incoming number?

What is the caller ID tag of the incoming call when it comes from virtual toll free?

EDIT: Setting a matching rule for eqauls my voxalot ID worked. Now virtual toll free calls are filter and sent through another provider while all other calls go to VoipDiscount as normal. At least my call forward is still free the majority of the time.

Last edited by tomblandford; 11-10-2007 at 09:15 PM.