Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #1
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default VoXaLot Now Supports SIP Registrations

We are pleased to announce the beta release of our new SIP registration functionality.

To use this feature:

1. On the "My Account" page select your "Preferred Server". This is the server hat will be used to perform the SIP registrations.

2. On the provider details page for each provider you want to register, simply select "Yes" in the "SIP Register" field.

Server replications take place every 5 mins. Please allow this much time for your change to take effect.

Please post any questions, issues or comments in this thread.

Thanks.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Mallycat

Mallycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
We are pleased to announce the beta release of our new SIP registration functionality.
Martin

Looks good, and I have some questions.

1) can I have more than 1 VSP registered?
2) if I have DIDs with both, will they both be able to ring my ATA?
3) should I change my ata setup to use voxalot.com.au now (ie faster server) or is it still too soon?

Matt
Mallycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Matt,

1,2 and 3 = yes

Edit: Whatever server you choose for the ATA should also be set on the "Member Details" page in VoXaLot. This is not a hard rule but is recommended.

Last edited by martin; 05-28-2006 at 05:37 AM.
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:43 AM   #4
pmerrill

pmerrill is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I'll bite. What exactly does this functionality provide if setup properly? Do I need to change the setting in my ATA?
pmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:44 AM   #5
maxalot

maxalot is on a distinguished road

A suggestion.
How about feedback on the status of the Registration ? It would be handy to know if the Registration is working.
maxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #6
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerrill
Sorry, I'll bite. What exactly does this functionality provide if setup properly? Do I need to change the setting in my ATA?
It allows VoXaLot to register with other SIP providers on your behalf. This is useful for some DIDs that require registration and streamlining all inbound calls from all your providers into your VoXaLot account.

You dont need to change your ATA settings to use this feature.

@maxalot, good idea...it is going on the to-do list. Also I notice a registration in the logs that appears to be yours timing out. Obviously having the feature you suggest would give you visability of this error.

Thanks

Unread 05-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #7
maxalot

Quote:
Imagine you have a VSP that requires you to have your ATA registered before you can make a call. Now imagine that you want to use more than one VSP and they all require you to register your ATA before you can make a call. This is a problem since you can only register most ATA's (except those with 2 or more lines) to one provider. VoXaLot steps in and does the registration for you.

eg. I have a sipgate account, however sipgate do have support call forwarding and therefore to use sipgate to make calls and receive calls I must have my ATA registered to them. With the introduction of SIP registrations this is no longer necessary.
Unread 05-28-2006, 06:08 AM   #8
maxalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
@maxalot, good idea...it is going on the to-do list. Also I notice a registration in the logs that appears to be yours timing out. Obviously having the feature you suggest would give you visability of this error.

Thanks
OK, I'll digup and ATA and double check the settings and remove the registration from VoXaLot so I don't fill up the logs unnecessarily.
Unread 05-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #9
pmerrill

pmerrill is on a distinguished road

Ok.

So, I have a DID through AstraTEL and I know I need to register with AstraTEL for the DID to make my ATA ring.

My ATA currently points to Voxalot, which means I can make outgoing calls but calls to my AstraTEL DID will not connect because I have not registered with them.

With this new functionality, I keep my ATA registered with Voxalot but set SIP Register to Yes on the AstraTEL provider entry. Outgoing calls are still the same but now incoming calls to my AstraTEL DID will be routed to Voxalot and then my ATA so that it rings when someone calls my AstraTEL DID.

Is that about right?
pmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
maxalot

Quote:
Ok.

So, I have a DID through AstraTEL and I know I need to register with AstraTEL for the DID to make my ATA ring.

My ATA currently points to Voxalot, which means I can make outgoing calls but calls to my AstraTEL DID will not connect because I have not registered with them.

With this new functionality, I keep my ATA registered with Voxalot but set SIP Register to Yes on the AstraTEL provider entry. Outgoing calls are still the same but now incoming calls to my AstraTEL DID will be routed to Voxalot and then my ATA so that it rings when someone calls my AstraTEL DID.

Is that about right?
This is exactly the point!